4E Class Survivor - Round 16 (We have the final 3!)

Which class do you want to vote off the list?

• Fighter

Votes: 23 13.8%
  • Rogue

Votes: 74 44.3%
  • Wizard

Votes: 70 41.9%

• Poll closed .

Glyfair

Explorer
The sorcerer lost it's battle to stay and we are down to the final three of:

Fighter
Rogue
Wizard

Who will be voted off this round to bring us to the final vote?

Vote for the class that you want to vote off the list. Please don't bias your vote by looking at the running results, or the discussion, before you vote.

Dausuul

Legend
This one's a no-brainer. Despite my longstanding affection for the wizard, the fighter and the rogue are just more fun and more interesting in 4th Edition.

Based on previous rounds and my own "Classes You Like" thread, I predict the wizard's going down hard this time. The real battle will be the final round when fighter and rogue have their long-awaited showdown. Smart money's on the fighter as last man standing, but the rogue could pull off an upset.

Herschel

Adventurer
The 4E Wizard is finally a cool class. In previous editions, it was the go-to class for all the narcissistic whiners who wanted to be "king". Now it's the class of tactical excellence in battle and isn't about "I duz damage cuz I rulz".

The fighter has his place to, but the rogue? Tactical positioning makes it the coolest striker, but of the last three it's my least favorite.

Klaus

First Post
The Rogue is a variant fighter, so he goes.

Fighter and Wizard are opposites who complement each other well. No wonder they were the first classes in D&D history.

Cadfan

First Post
At this point I'm voting Wizard even though I kind of like it. Its got the elemental grab bag stuff I hate, but I think it gets the controller job done better than anyone else. Sure, its at wills aren't quite as controller-ish as some other controllers. But so what? You don't need that sort of stuff on tap at all times. Its ok to have just a few really strong controller effects available, and then to hand out damage. The other controllers really can't compare to the wizard's ability to do things like enlarged, war wizardry augmented area burst 2 attacks at will. For sheer size and consistency of effect, you want a wizard.

But I like rogues and fighters more, so wizard it is.

Remove ads