4E Class Survivor - Round 7

Which 4E class do you want to vote off the list?

• Avenger

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Druid

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Fighter

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Invoker

Votes: 27 17.8%
  • Paladin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Ranger

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Rogue

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Swordmage

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Warden

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • Wizard

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Poll closed .

Wik

First Post
I figure Sorcerers, Fighters, and Rogues will be among the final 5.

The sorcerer especially - after seeing one in play, I realize just how much fun they can be. Our sorcerer player loves his character - being a wild mage is a lot of fun. Last session, he rolled a total of 3 ones in combat, each time knocking back all of his allies - including knocking our warden into a pool of acid.

Twice.

A few sessions ago, he used his at-will to arc shots. We were in the final stages of a fight, with three enemies that were all bloodied (we couldn't focus fire). WIth that single at-will, he managed to arc it from enemy to enemy, killing each one.

It was random. And it was a lot of fun.

ZzarkLinux

First Post
I can't believe the Warlock dropped.
It's a creative class, and an underpowered class.
I love playing both !!!

Now the two strikers with IMBA class features / at-wills need to explode.

SAVE THE WARDEN

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I can't believe the Warlock dropped.
It's a creative class, and an underpowered class.
I love playing both !!!

And flavor doesn't save anyone - kind of like going to cafeteria... bland and boring but healthy and easy to swallow - rule the roost. This is D&D by elementary school menu plan.

FireLance

Legend
The Warden has sadly now left us. This hurts me deeply, you know. I remember how he called on the primal spirits and selflessly defended the party, never seeking glory for himself. It was such a contrast to the way that I draw on my own arcane power to save the day by striking hard at our enemies. I will miss him, even though he's only been around for a while, and I have a much longer history. But it's okay. There are many more very similar to him still in the running.

RefinedBean

First Post
Hey, the Warden beat out the Bard AND the Cleric. Not too shabby.

I, too, really enjoy the Warden. Its Font of Life is, despite being insanely simple mechanically, also the feature that (imho) really defines both its role and its flavor as a class. It's good to see that a simple mechanic can be used in that sense, and I think it speaks well to the future of class design.

Well. Now we can at least get to the business of voting off the Paladin.

Glyfair

Explorer
Sorry for the delay folks.

And the warden is gone. That completes the "war-" classes, something that so offended a group of D&D fans in the early days of 4th edition. What will be next?

Remove ads