4E Class Survivor - Round 7

Which 4E class do you want to vote off the list?

• Avenger

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Druid

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Fighter

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Invoker

Votes: 27 17.8%
  • Paladin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Ranger

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Rogue

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Swordmage

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Warden

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • Wizard

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Poll closed .

Dausuul

Legend
The value of the Character Builder is inversely proportional to the number of chargen-related house rules your group uses. If you play 100% by the book, it's awesome, but more than a couple tweaks and it's easier to just build characters the old-fashioned way. It really needs a robust way to create and distribute mods.

Anyway, back to the contest... looks like warden is leading the pack again, but it was leading early last time too, only to be overtaken by the warlock in the later stages. Invoker is putting up a good fight and there's still a chance for a late-breaking surge by the swordmage.

I also notice the wizard drawing a whole lot of hate - of the four "core classes," it will certainly be next to go. No surprise there. I'm a dedicated arcane player from away back, been playing wizards and sorcerors for 20 years, but even I find the 4E wizard uninspiring.

What's interesting is the classes that are not drawing hate: barbarian, fighter, rogue, and sorceror. People seem pretty happy with these fellows, only 3-4 votes apiece. Anyone want to float some hypotheses as to why?

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
What's interesting is the classes that are not drawing hate: barbarian, fighter, rogue, and sorceror. People seem pretty happy with these fellows, only 3-4 votes apiece. Anyone want to float some hypotheses as to why?

With the warlock gone, I'm trying to get rid of the primal classes. The warden seemed like the softest target, but the Barbarian may be next.

Greg K

Legend
With the warlock gone, I'm trying to get rid of the primal classes. The warden seemed like the softest target, but the Barbarian may be next.

I forgot about the Barbarian in my previous post. I want that gone almost as much as the Warden, Avenger, and Swordmage.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I also notice the wizard drawing a whole lot of hate - of the four "core classes," it will certainly be next to go. No surprise there. I'm a dedicated arcane player from away back, been playing wizards and sorcerors for 20 years, but even I find the 4E wizard uninspiring.

I have noticed that the wizard is drawing votes, even though I love the 4e wiz, love the cantrips and the rituals, it feel a much more magical class than in previous editions (not really a fan of vancian casting) and I find it a tactically interesting classes.

As for the Barb and the Sorc, well having seen a Cosmic sorcerer in action they are very effective if a bit quirlky and the Barbarian is effective with very flavourfull rage mechanics. IMHO and all that.

jbear

First Post
I vote the warden, maybe out of ignorance. never seen it in play and aren't attracted to the idea of it flavourwise.

I'll be disappointed to see the invoker go... looks like the next victim. the Invoker is an awesome class, especially if you do the right team combos and use divine power... Solar enemy Im looking at you. The first time I've got to play in toooo many years and of all the classes I chose to play a human Invoker...

You cant vote off Gandalf!!!! C'mon... kill Frodo.

awesomeocalypse

First Post
Die ranger die. You are as bland and devoid of interesting flavor/mechanics as any class in the game, you're boring to play, and the way you "make up" for all of this is by doing game-breaking quantities of damage.

Remove ads