4E Class Survivor - Round 7

Which 4E class do you want to vote off the list?

• Avenger

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Druid

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Fighter

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Invoker

Votes: 27 17.8%
  • Paladin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Ranger

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Rogue

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Swordmage

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Warden

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • Wizard

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Poll closed .

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
If not, you probably voted off a leader.

I voted off the blandness of cleric's... it felt like saying I wouldn't date an accountant (please don't criticize me for it).

Actually just like clerics, clerks have to really work hard not to be bland ;-)

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Paladins. Come on people! They sucked in 1e, they sucked in 2ed, they sucked in 3e, they suck now! Someone keeeeeeel theeeeeem! :)

Greg K

Legend
Paladins. Come on people! They sucked in 1e, they sucked in 2ed, they sucked in 3e, they suck now! Someone keeeeeeel theeeeeem! :)

Well, my preference is for the Warden, Avenger and Swordmage to go before the Paladin. After that, it is a toss up between the Sorcerer and the Paladin. I would have preferred seeing all of those go before the Warlord, Bard, Shaman, and Cleric.

Wik

First Post
Hm. The Warlock's finally gone. I don't know who to vote for, now....

I wound up going for Avenger this time around. It's a boring class in play (from what I've seen), and I really don't like its flavour. Warden, Barbarian, and Invoker are also on my list. Mostly, though, I just hate the Warden because of the "Treefro" paragon path picture. If that wasn't there, I'd be fine with the class (in fact, the warden in the group I play with is a life saver!).

Begone foul wizard, you hollow shell of what once was, who could not hold a candle to your beloved ancestors. Once you could destroy worlds, annihilate the leaders of hell and obliterate anything else besides. Now, your purpose is no higher than popping off cannon fodder. Begone you useless wretch!!!

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer

Soon as Warden's gone, Paladin will be my next target. The Defender role is stupid, they all need to go. Sadly, it looks like the old edition nostalgia factor will make Fighter impossible to dislodge from the poll.

...Did Paladins really suck in 2e? Never played one in a PnP game, but they looked solid stats-wise, and utterly rocked in Baldur's Gate.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Hm. The Warlock's finally gone. I don't know who to vote for, now....

I wound up going for Avenger this time around. It's a boring class in play (from what I've seen), and I really don't like its flavour. Warden, Barbarian, and Invoker are also on my list. Mostly, though, I just hate the Warden because of the "Treefro" paragon path picture. If that wasn't there, I'd be fine with the class (in fact, the warden in the group I play with is a life saver!).

Avenger is the one class I would ban from any new games I start. The roll two dice, is just too good, expecially when all Avengers are elves, to cover that one in a million double miss. Add in items and feats to play with the d20s and it gets worse. I think adding in a d6 would have worked better.

And the character is jsut plain bland.

BTW: Don't quote me the odds I know 'em.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Avenger is the one class I would ban from any new games I start. The roll two dice, is just too good, expecially when all Avengers are elves, to cover that one in a million double miss.
1 in 4 double miss you like hyperbole ;-) - ok not exact but you is so out of the ball park;-] and he has to work to isolate that target.. its like a fencer too distracted if he has more than one enemy nearby.

The ability is a little less than half as nice as the rangers twin strike (is that striker banned? inquiring minds want to know)
Did you know you can attack one target with that and if it misses or doesnt attack it again.. and the damage boosts just keep on coming on.

B-)

and while I am at it.... I recommend subscribing to DDI one month.... cause character builder is awesomeness on wheels.

Last edited:

Remove ads