4E Class Survivor - Round 7

Which 4E class do you want to vote off the list?

• Avenger

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Druid

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Fighter

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Invoker

Votes: 27 17.8%
  • Paladin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Ranger

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Rogue

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Swordmage

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Warden

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • Wizard

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Poll closed .

Herschel

Adventurer
Save the Warden, vote for the swordmage!!!

Burn like the heathen cur you are! Your foul, abyssal, lupine stench sickens the very air we breath. Our only hope is for the heroic swordmage to make a great sacrifice and Lightning Lure your keister back to the bowels of existence from which you came! A pox on your camels and may your sister become an attorney for used chariot salesmen using narcotic pastries! Your lack of contemplating the arcane mysteries of our universe should not be used to punish this noble warrior, be it the variety of assaulting, shielding or ensnaring. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries! I fart in your general direction but alas, your burning hatred of what is right, pure and good flames said fumes to air as meaningless as life without the valiant swordmage and as flavorless as the first rice cakes!

I say GOOD DAY!

(And vote off the utterly boring Ranger, in the name of all that is or may potentially be holy! The Warden can stay for a while. He keeps our beer cold with his Form of the Winter Herald. )

Last edited:

Jack99

Adventurer
Burn like the heathen cur you are! Your foul, abyssal, lupine stench sickens the very air we breath. Our only hope is for the heroic swordmage to make a great sacrifice and Lightning Lure your keister back to the bowels of existence from which you came! A pox on your camels and may your sister become an attorney for used chariot salesmen using narcotic pastries! Your lack of contemplating the arcane mysteries of our universe should not be used to punish this noble warrior, be it the variety of assaulting, shielding or ensnaring. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries! I fart in your general direction but alas, your burning hatred of what is right, pure and good flames said fumes to air as meaningless as life without the valiant swordmage and as flavorless as the first rice cakes!

I say GOOD DAY!

(And vote off the utterly boring Ranger, in the name of all that is or may potentially be holy! The Warden can stay for a while. He keeps our beer cold with his Form of the Winter Herald. )

LOL - I want whatever they feed you! ;)

Blizzardb

First Post
Finally, a class that was in my "kill list" was voted off.

Invoker, Swordmage, and Warden - you are next!

The really difficult part comes after this - I like everyone else!

Dice4Hire

First Post
1 in 4 double miss you like hyperbole ;-) - ok not exact but you is so out of the ball park;-] and he has to work to isolate that target.. its like a fencer too distracted if he has more than one enemy nearby.

The ability is a little less than half as nice as the rangers twin strike (is that striker banned? inquiring minds want to know)
Did you know you can attack one target with that and if it misses or doesnt attack it again.. and the damage boosts just keep on coming on.

Why ban the ranger? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Ever tried doing a daily with twin strike? An encounter that pushes an enemy 5-6 squares? Stuns them? No? You cannot? I rest my case! The Avenger power lets all their powers basically never miss. Rangers only have one attack that never misses, and it is an at-will with no conditions at all, just damage. Big big difference.

and while I am at it.... I recommend subscribing to DDI one month.... cause character builder is awesomeness on wheels.

I recommend you drinking a few fifths of Jack Daniels daily for a month........

Man am I sick of people telling me to try it out. If I wanted to, I would have.

Enough already.

Jack99

Adventurer
I recommend you drinking a few fifths of Jack Daniels daily for a month........

Man am I sick of people telling me to try it out. If I wanted to, I would have.

Enough already.

Chill man. Aside from perhaps the core 50-100 posters here on ENworld, I doubt anyone has noticed you being suggested a few times to try out the Character-Builder.

ATM you are just being rude to people who mean well.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Chill man. Aside from perhaps the core 50-100 posters here on ENworld, I doubt anyone has noticed you being suggested a few times to try out the Character-Builder.

ATM you are just being rude to people who mean well.

Well, my sig might give people an idea...... you would think. Take a look at it.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Well, my sig might give people an idea...... you would think. Take a look at it.

heh, that sig is probably the only reason you get poked at ;-)
and thanks - I have tried JD not impressed...

By the way I dont "subscribe" to DDi either
but its a guess when somebody is anti
something enough to throw it in there sig
they might have missed that you can download all the pdf
back issues of the dragon/dungeon magazines and that a tool like character
builder is still very useful long afterwards, it doesnt suddenly
quit working even if you dont get updates.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Why ban the ranger? Inquiring minds want to know :)
The ranger can add his damage boost to "everything" too no special requirement... might as well run through every power and add hunters quarry damage to it cause that is easy as pie. Who needs dailies when your at-will consistently outclasses others encounter powers at minimum yeah with damage and reliability (you know the things which ends battles)

The Rogue has special needs to get its boost the the avenger has special needs to get its boost... this making Rangers virtually static in comparison to other strikers... static makes boring fight scenes.

Nope can't see any reason to ban the avenger unless you think your players ought to like suck it up and eat there whiff pudding. Reliability is a useful thing shrug no doubt.. the avenger seems cost heavy for feats too, though that might be an illusion.(but they only have really nice armor class which they very much need by paying for it.)

My first complaint about the Avenger was it stepped all over the build name for the paladin...

A class that brings in to focus the advantage of reliability over uber power/damage I think improves the game over all... its one of the newer classes with mechanical variance yeah its different.

The only banning I would do for the ranger is silly opinion poll banning ;-).

Last edited:

Remove ads