• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] Combat Tracker Utility

Mortaneus

First Post
New version is up, though it's just a fix to a bug The Eye (of rpg.net fame) discovered.

The Eye said:
Maybe it's just me, but when I add a PC to the library, and then try to edit that PC later, it gives me an error message (something like "that file already exists") when I exit the editor screen and doesn't save the changes.

This problem is fixed. You should be able to change statblocks normally now.

You can download the new version here:

Combat Manager v1.2.1
(URL disabled, a new version is now available below)

Last edited:

Mercule

Adventurer
I've been putzing with something along these lines in WPF, too. I just don't have much time. I'll check yours out, though.

Erywin

First Post
Got to play around with it today and I think it is going to be awesome to use in game. Though having to input all the monster info for my campaign is going to be a pain, currently running WotBS 4e and not a lot of generic monsters there.

One question, is there an easier way to import PC data then manually entering it for each character? An option to copy from the character builder would be awesome!

Cheers,
E

Mortaneus

First Post
Got to play around with it today and I think it is going to be awesome to use in game. Though having to input all the monster info for my campaign is going to be a pain, currently running WotBS 4e and not a lot of generic monsters there.

One question, is there an easier way to import PC data then manually entering it for each character? An option to copy from the character builder would be awesome!

Thanks. :)

At the moment, there isn't any easy way to enter PC info, though I plan to add that functionality at some point in the future. Probably effect tracking will come first, though.

Truthfully, I don't enter much PC information when I use it. Mostly names, level, init bonus, defenses, and HP (for my reference). Unless you're tracking the PCs a lot more than I am, that should suffice for now.

Erywin

First Post
True, I would probably add in Passive Perception/Insight if there is a spot for that. Would mean I could totally get rid of my little init cards! Heh, my only gripe now is that there is no Mac version for this and the WotC programs :( Guess I will survive and this totally makes my life easier and probably saves me a bunch of paper too, as I was printing out the Tactical Encounters so that I could have a separate reference for them. This will take care of that, now if only I could import maps from PDFs >.< Heh. Though I am looking forward to condition tracking, any thought of having a pop up to remind the DM to roll for (save ends) conditions at the end of the monsters turn? That would be a major help since I seem to forget those types of things.

Cheers,
E

Mortaneus

First Post
True, I would probably add in Passive Perception/Insight if there is a spot for that. Would mean I could totally get rid of my little init cards! Heh, my only gripe now is that there is no Mac version for this and the WotC programs :( Guess I will survive and this totally makes my life easier and probably saves me a bunch of paper too, as I was printing out the Tactical Encounters so that I could have a separate reference for them. This will take care of that, now if only I could import maps from PDFs >.< Heh. Though I am looking forward to condition tracking, any thought of having a pop up to remind the DM to roll for (save ends) conditions at the end of the monsters turn? That would be a major help since I seem to forget those types of things.

Oh, save reminders (and such) are definitely on the to-do list.

For the passives, you could enter those on the 'Senses' line, and they should show up in the PC's statblock.

Mortaneus

First Post
It's been about a week since I last updated the version of this application.

Well, the wait is over:
Version 1.3 is up!
(link disabled, see v1.3.1 below! It handles the latest Monster Builder changes!)

Updates:
  • Layout re-do of the Main screen
  • Added Effect tracking (manual removal, currently)
  • Added Power Usage tracking (also manual, for the moment)
  • Added Global Notes field (not saved)
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes

Here's a screenshot (you can see the many changes):

9aplhx.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mercule

Adventurer
I just want to say that this thing is awesome. If I continue to work on mine, it'll only be from the academic standpoint of learning WPF instead of using it.

Mortaneus

First Post
After a mad scramble to make sense of the wacky changes that were made to the RTF format, I think I've got it locked down.

Get the new version here:

DnD4e Combat Manager v1.3.1
(URL disabled, a new version is available below)

Updates:
  • Now handles 'small font' and 'large font' format of new version of Monster Builder.
  • Propertly imports skills (weren't being copied-to-RTF in previous MB)
  • Properly imports and saves Immunities (weren't included in previous MB)
  • Properly imports and saves Source book info (wasn't included in previous MB)
  • Added functionality to Statblock display to show recharge as dice, as in standard statblocks

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mortaneus

First Post
I just want to say that this thing is awesome. If I continue to work on mine, it'll only be from the academic standpoint of learning WPF instead of using it.

Well, don't let me discourage you. The more the merrier! :)

Also, good idea working on your WPF skills...it's an interesting critter, though I've found that WPF in VB.NET 2008 is a lot less user-friendly than developing with Windows Forms.

Any recommendations for getting into it?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads