[4e] Combat Tracker Utility

mac1504

Explorer
Sorry- meant the right hand side. I see that you can copy and paste into the edit screen of that screen (the first time I tried it, after downloading it, I was unable to enter in anything).

Downloading the new version now!

Mortaneus

First Post
A new version is up.

DnD4e Combat Manager v1.5.2

Changes:
  • Updated for new version of Monster Builder
  • Added support for multiple-file-select when opening encounters, and when importing from Character Builder from the Library screen. The 'CB Import' button on the actual StatBlock-edit window is still only single-file-select, for obvious reasons.

Note: The monster-type keywords (such as Undead, Fey, etc) will be missing when pasting from the new Monster Builder. It does not include these in the Rich Text (probably a bug on their part), so these details will be missing when pasted to this application.

They also reversed the order of the action details for powers, so 'At-Will' and 'Encounter' are now first, followed by 'Standard' or 'Minor'. This will also be reflected in newly pasted monsters.

Mortaneus

First Post
After a long wait, a new version is up!

DnD4e Combat Manager v1.5.3

Changes:

• PC hit points will no longer automatically refresh when the fight is done (popular request, this one)
  • Added 'Party' Menu with new Short/Extended Rest options (to handle non-resetting PC health)
  • Added 'Select Current' hotkey to quickly pick the currently active fighter
  • Modified hotkeys for quicker access
  • Unlocked some frame-separators to allow for more customization of the main window

fuzzlewump

First Post
Again, great program, use it every time I DM.

I have a feature request. I think there should be one of two things:

1. Hotkeys for common effects. A button to add automatically: "Ongoing 5 Damage" "Ongoing 10 Damage" "Marked by *current combatant*" "Dazed, Save Ends" that kind of thing. These could hang out somewhere on the main screen, or even sitting in the dialogue that comes up after pressing 'Add' on the effects area. Or, preferably if possible and you think it would be useful...

2. Customizable hotkeys for adding effects. This way, if you know your party has certain effects that are used often, like Ongoing 5 Fire Damage, or Dazing(save ends) or whatever, they'll be at your finger tips quickly.

Also, would it be possible and useful to make Regeneration and ongoing damage automatic?

Thanks for reading and great work.

Milo Taproot

First Post
This tool is fantastic!
I recently started a new game and I have used this to track combats. After two sessions I don't think I would want to go back to running without it.

After session number three, in a couple of weeks, I will post some specific feedback and suggestions; that is if you want them.

N8Ball

Explorer
Wow, this really is a pretty great app.

Mortaneous, you've outdone yourself already, but it just keeps getting better!

I figured out how to execute a readied characters reentry in to the initiative order using the "Move to top" button, but I'm still fuzzy on how to do a delayed characters reentry.

A readied action resets initiative before the trigger, which the program does perfectly with the "move to top" button, but Delayed actions set the new initiative just after the event you decided to respond to. So how do I do that?

Char A has initiative 25 and delays
Char B has initiative 21 and takes his action
-> Char A reacts to B's action and take his turn here
Char C has initiative 10 and takes his action

I think A should have a new initiative of 21 (after B) or maybe 20?
As far as I can tell the easiest way is to "move to top" and then "arrow down" A's initiative one point after B's turn.

The problem with that is that using the arrow may move him too far if there are more people acting at 21. I guess it just depends on the situation.

Anyway, very minor issue and probably me just missing something. Keep up the great work!

Last edited:

Mortaneus

First Post
Wow, this really is a pretty great app.

Mortaneous, you've outdone yourself already, but it just keeps getting better!

I figured out how to execute a readied characters reentry in to the initiative order using the "Move to top" button, but I'm still fuzzy on how to do a delayed characters reentry.

A readied action resets initiative before the trigger, which the program does perfectly with the "move to top" button, but Delayed actions set the new initiative just after the event you decided to respond to. So how do I do that?

Char A has initiative 25 and delays
Char B has initiative 21 and takes his action
-> Char A reacts to B's action and take his turn here
Char C has initiative 10 and takes his action

I think A should have a new initiative of 21 (after B) or maybe 20?
As far as I can tell the easiest way is to "move to top" and then "arrow down" A's initiative one point after B's turn.

The problem with that is that using the arrow may move him too far if there are more people acting at 21. I guess it just depends on the situation.

Anyway, very minor issue and probably me just missing something. Keep up the great work!

You use the 'Delay' button. This takes character A completely out of the initiative sequence, and places them in 'Delay' status at the bottom of the list.

Then B would take their action, and you would press 'Next Turn' to move onto C, indicating that B is done. However, A decides to jump in at this point, so select A from the Delay list and do a 'Move to Top', which would push C out of the top spot back down to 2nd in line, and bump A to the top.

This was actually a bit tricky to get right, specifically with regards to 'Until Start of Next Turn' effects. The program actually handles them, though. For example, let's say that last turn C used a power that lasts until the start of their next turn. You press 'Next Turn' on B, and it moves on to C. At this point, the effect would end. However, by having A jump to the top of the roster, C's turn has not effectively not YET started, thus backing things up. If you try this in the program, you'll notice the effect reappears until C's turn actually starts.

Delays are the reason that I took so long in getting effect-tracking into the program...it's a bloody nightmare to deal with. Look up Delay in the PHB some time, and read the impact on ongoing effects. It's fairly messy, and is a pain to code.

Last edited:

Remove ads