• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e [Eberron] BnP Keep on the Shadowfell (Yea, though I walk through the valley of th)

kinem

Adventurer
Brock drinks beer and eats sausage with the others, trying to observe what he can of the various cultures interacting here. He perks up a bit at the mention of the dragon cairn.

Walking Dad

First Post
Tyron "Torn" Duskmeadow

Not being a great help before, he sits down by his companions:
"Yes, he has really pretty girls. The sort a man would risk his health for. What's the matter with this map? Can I have a look at i? Or is it only for purebloods?
Yes, Iridian, tell us what you know."

Erekose13

Explorer
Iridian looks at the map, locating at least the town on it. Hopefully it is fairly clear on the general direction to the ciarn from the town. "As long as we know which direction to head, I can get us there."

Graf

Explorer
Dew from the cool autumn morning has just evaporated as you leave the town walls headed south westerly. Small farms, cleared from the thick forests in the region, dot the area around the town, growing progressively more sparse.

You find a thin track marked on your map near last few farms and have been following it for no more than a few minutes when a band of kobolds leap from the woods around you hissing snarls.
None of you noticed them until you were in the midst of their ambush, and they are in among you before you have time to form up ranks.

The Kobolds avoid Brock and Zaram. Iridian is mauled during the initial attack as the creatures swarm him; Tyron also takes a nasty blow.

[sblock=Init]
Since nobody made the Perception check (though Iridian came very close) PCs can't act during the surprise round.

Surprise Round
22 KS 5 Dam vs Iridian
12 KD `9 Dam to Iridian (MARKED), 9 Dam to Tyron (MARKED); miss Adain
12 KW 5 ACID vs Iridian

Fight 2:Initiative PCs
23 Iridian
22 KS
12 KD & KW
12 Tyron
11 Adain
03 Brock
06 Zaram

Status
Iridian BLOODIED 4/23 hit points MARKED by KD 1 (-2 to attack any other foe);
Tyron 19/28 MARKED by KD 3 (-2 to attack any other foe)

edit Tyron doesn't grant CA on surprise rounds so the roll to hit should be 17, not 19. Still hits his AC of 15 though.

[/sblock]

Attachments

• F2R1_Init23.jpg
    F2R1_Init23.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Flame, strengthen us!" Adain cries, infusing Iridian with a healing word. He then steps back, and holding his symbol, calls down holy might against the most damaged foe, but he stumbles at an inopportune moment, wasting the moment..

OOC: Healing Word allows Iridian to spend a Healing Surge and gain an additional 5hp. Botched a Sacred Flame.

Walking Dad

First Post
Tyron "Torn" Duskmeadow

Torn feels a bit of blood in his mouth as the attack hits him. He starts to retreat to savety and to get a better fighting position.

[sblock=ooc]I will wait for possible movement of the kobolds before I post more details.

Which dragon shield marked him? 1 or 3?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=WD]I expect there will be movement, so that's a fine choice.

Your status line shows you who marked you...
In this case KD 3 -> Kobold Dragonshield 3.

Since the KDs both charged they had to stop once they got to a square touching yours, and couldn't shift afterward.[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=sg]Just FYI:

If Iridian waits for your turn (11) he'll probably get hit a few more times. If he's still within 5 of you (and you can see him) then you can use that effect on him.

Otherwise you'll be able to use it on someone else or just save it.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: I expect Iridian to either heal some himself or move out of the way of the K's. If not, and he's down, I'm pretty sure Healing Word allows him to spend a Surge even when unconscious (but couldn't be 100%).

Remove ads