4e [Eberron] BnP Keep on the Shadowfell (Yea, though I walk through the valley of th)

EvolutionKB

First Post
Zaram AC 20 27/27 hp

Zaram steps over to Iridian, touching him on the shoulder. "It will be okay. We will kill these fiends soon enough!" Zaram slashes out with his blade attempting to disembowel the kobold ambusher.

[sblock=ooc]Shift to S14(move), use lay on hands on Iridian(Costs Zaram one healing surge, but Iridian gets the hp for his healing surge(5hp). healing surge, used for the day, minor) and then use standard action to attack kobold ambusher using valiant strike. 28 to hit for 6 damage

Surges remaining: 10[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Iridian quickly shifts out of the disasterous position he was in. Once in a better position atop the rocks south of their position he marks the kobold dragonshield who marked him and fires nimbly at him but misses. In a better position, Iridian is able to take stalk in the situation and calm his nerves.

[sblock=ooc] fey step to U10. assign hunter's quarry to D1. :ranged: Nimble strike against D1 Nimble Strike (1d20+6=7, 1d10+4=6). Shift 1 to U9. Use Action Point to use Second Wind = gain 5 hp and +2 defenses. hp 9/23 (still bloodied)[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
The quick kobold who initiated the ambush makes a beeline for Iridian, it misses by a hair's breadth as the dexterous ranger dances on top of the boulders.

[sblock=Questions for Erekose]You can teleport directly to U9. You can't attack, move and shift in the same turn. Only kobolds and other creatures with shifty can use minor actions to shift.

Furthermore, while getting up on the rocks is a climb check (waved since you teleported there), you can move around freely, but (not that you knew this) it's considered "difficult terrain". No shifting (unless you have a power that lets you) and movement costs +1 per square (effectively double).

Being on top of the boulder doesn't seem to give any sort of real penalty or benefit beyond concealment (-2 to hit), it's supposed to be 5 feet high.

Do you want to use Fox's Cunning after the KS attacks you? If anyone else attacks you in Melee later do you want to use it?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Graf]I thought it would work this way:
Move Action = Fey Step (shift 5)
Standard Action = Nimble Shot (attack, then shift 1)
Though as long as I can attack from U9 to my target then that works fine to just head there directly. With a regular shift power I figured any difficult terrain would be negated easily.

But yes if it is possible to be a step away from KS and fire at him as part of Fox's Cunning, Iridian will take it.[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
edit: Yes. I am a moron. Post edited to be less stupid.
edit2: I wasn't a moron. Eladrin don't get to shift over difficult. Only elves.

[sblock=Erekose]I assume standing on top of the rocks means you can shoot over the other rocks without penalty (i.e. you're standing 5 feet up, so the other rocks are at "ground level".

I'm not sure if I make this clear but:
1. boulder squares are "difficult terrain"
2. You c-an't- shift on difficult terrain (unless you have a power that lets you ignore difficult terrain OR can shift more than 2 squares in one action). Neither applies to you.
3. You can hop off the boulders as a shift if you want to.
... But you'll stop getting concealment from them.

The KS' movement is already done.
Fox's cunning movement would have an impact on what happens next (i.e. how much of an easy target you present to the other Kobolds).

I'll just fuss something up and play on.
Let me know if you'd rather be on top of the boulders and I'll put you back up there on the square you pick.
edit: so you're still stuck off the boulders and swarmed by kobolds[/sblock]

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
The Kobold with the skull headress jabbers wildly.
[sblock=Draconic]These creatures speak a degraded dialect that is difficult to understand.
It's hard to pick out every word in the heat of battle but you can make out:
FOOLS.... stay away... protect me.... attack... [/sblock]
Two of the Dragonshields stab Adain, before bounding off in opposite directions.
The third delivers a vicious chop to Tyron before joining it's brethren to the south.

The priest, taking its own instructions serious, runs around the battle toward a clump of bushes, stopping only to wing Iridian with another globule of burning acid.

[sblock=Fight 2 Round 2]
Fight 2:Initiative PCs
23 Iridian
22 KS Charges Iridian misses
12 KD 1 attacks Adain shifts to U5 (minor from shifty) moves 5 west
12 KD 3 attacks Adain shifts to R11 (minor from shifty) moves to U8
12 KD 2 attacks Torn shifts to S10 (minor from shifty) moves to U7
12 KW Moves to Z15; hits Iridian for 4 ACID and then shifts to AA15
12 Tyron -- waiting
11 Adain healing word on Iridian -- still have a move if you want it
06 Zaram-- you may want to rethink your actions
03 Brock -- ditto

Status
Iridian BLOODIED 10/23 hit points
Adain 15/26 MARKED by KD 1 (-2 to attack that doesn't include KD1);
Tyron BLOODIED 12/28 MARKED by KD 3 (-2 to attack that doesn't include KD3)

edit: Rolled twice for Torn (had the 2 in from the prior roll). Used the first one (didn't matter really, the other one hit and did more damage).

PLEASE NOTE -- DRAGONSHIELD TACTICS:
Anyone who moves toward KD1 will see it shift to Z15 to block the priest.
The other shields will generally move away from you when you approach. See the post I linked to on the OOC thread and let me know how you'll handle it (the can only move once during your turn, so you can keep moving if you want to and have the squares, of course, that could set you up for an AoO from the other shield)
[/sblock]
edit:fixed map

Attachments

• F2R1_Init12-1.jpg
    F2R1_Init12-1.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Tyron

Tyron moves quickly after the koblods, his form blurring as he moves. "I pledge you to the Laughing Man!" he curses the kobold that has hit him, before a quick gesture with his wand sends an Eldritch blast toward it.

[sblock=ooc]Tyron moves to p7 (gains concealment), curses KD 3, and uses scorching burst on KD2 and KD 3.

Eldritch blast (to hit, damage, curse damage) (1d20+4=13, 1d10+4=9, 1d6=4) vs reflex. If is is enough to kill it, he will teleport to m7.

[sblock=Stats]AC 15 F: 13 R: 13 W: 15
Basic attack: +4; 1d10+4 (E.Blast)
12/28 hp
1 AP
Healing Surges: 7/7 (9 hp)

Powers:
Witchfire (1/Encounter)
Scorching Burst (1/Encounter)
Curse of the Dark Dream (1/Day)[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads