[4e] [ePoL] Heroic Souls IC (R6 Heian > Monsters > Eldan&Champy > Quinn > Silvi > )

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=OOC-soldiers]I've been wondering about soldiers actually.
The MM specifically says that you're supposed to build encounters with one or two soldiers + whatever else.

Irontooth is a soldier (despite probably being a brute in story terms). Obviously this swarm is too (I assume because the pulldown is kinda like crowd control? and you want to avoid the aura so it can block off a larger area than a medium creature normally can).

They both have a situational +1d10 to damage... maybe just a coincidence.

I was just wondering if soldiers are structured to be a bit better than similar monsters would be.
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]OOOOOOPS!! I shifted with a minor? Dunno what i had in mind... it was probably desperation :D Consider the action point spent...[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=initiative] Am I missing something, or are we waiting for the fungoids to go? Heian and Silvi have gone, which I think means the Shaman, then the warriors, then the swarm, then Eldan and Champy. Right? [/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=rc]Not missing. I just wanted to make sure people were happy with their moves. And I had some other stuff I had to deal with. Post coming soon.[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
The shaman points at Eldan and another blast of weakening fiendish energy spews forth from it's puffy claw. [15vsRef|7DAM and weakened (save ends)]

At the shaman's direction the fungal warrior at the foot of the ramp readies its weapon to attack anything that comes near.
[sblock=Fungi Warrior 3: Attack on first creature to get close]15vsAC|5 DAM[/sblock]

The second one moves down to support it's brethren and does likewise.
[sblock=Fungi Warrior 4: Attack on first creature to get close]12vsAC so it's a miss vs everyone.[/sblock]

Swarm is badly burned by the sphere [8DAM] but continues to pursue Heian [move shift e], swarming around his legs and trying to pull him off his feat [minor: pull down MISS] and biting at him in a profoundly ineffectual manner [Natural1].

[sblock=Status]Eldan 20/27
-weakened (save ends)

Heian 10/27
+2 defenses til R3 action
-BLOODIED

Silvi 8/28
-weakened (save ends)
-BLOODIED

Swarm
-BLOODIED[/sblock]

Attachments

• ePoL_F2_R3_Init17.JPG
    ePoL_F2_R3_Init17.JPG
    468 KB · Views: 64

Redclaw

First Post
Eldan runs toward the battle at the base of the ramp, charging right at the nearest fungoid and attempting to end its threat.

[sblock=ooc] Move Action: Run due E. He grants Combat Advantage until the next turn.
Standard Action: Charge fungal warrior, accepting the readied attack, hits AC 22 for 4 damage (8 damage/2 because he's weakened.) [/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
Eldan would deflect the fungoids strike but for his run throwing him off balance [5DAM]; but he cuts it down. He also shakes off the weakness [Save=[URL="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1757746/"]11[/URL]]

Champy rushes right after Eldan; and lacking a target, just keeps moving. He seems to be headed toward the drakeswarm.

[sblock=OOC:Champys tactics]Without instruction Champy's tactics are basically going to consist of rushing after whateever Eldan seems to be headed towards and bashing things. He'll instinctively move to flank or help people sometimes (ie. if I feel like it) but that's about it.[/sblock]

[sblock=status]
Champy
-Grants CA

Eldan 15/27
-weakened (save ends) ->saved
-Grants CA

Heian 10/27
-BLOODIED

Silvi 8/28
-weakened (save ends)
-BLOODIED

Swarm
-BLOODIEd[/sblock]

Attachments

• ePoL_F2_R3_Init15.JPG
    ePoL_F2_R3_Init15.JPG
    463.4 KB · Views: 68

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]right, Heian should've healed 3 more hp thanks to eldan... thanks graf.[/sblock]

if the swarm falls:
Heian issues his challenge at the fungoid on the ramp, then approaches it and swings his sword at it, but misses badly.
[sblock=actions]move to the fungoid's left side. minor: divine challenge. standard: enfeebling strike 10 v AC, 13 dmg -__-[/sblock]

if the swarm doesn't fall:
Heian tries, again, to end the vile creatures. He uses his power to try and protect Quinn, but then his sword hits a hollow in the small mob of fungoids...
[sblock=actions]as per above, without move[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Heian- Half-elf Paladin 1
Initiative:+0 Passive perception:12 Passive Insight:19 (low-light vision)
AC:20 For:14 Ref:13 Will:15
HP:13/27 Bloodied:13 Surges value:6 Surges/day:10/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common,?
AP:0 Second Wind:-
Opportunity attack: +6 vs AC, 1d8+3
Powers: Holy strike, Enfeebling Strike, Divine challenge, Lay on hands: 2
Divine Mettle//Divine strenght, Furious smash, Piercing Smite
Paladin's judgement[/sblock]

Remove ads