• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] [ePoL] Heroic Souls IC (R6 Heian > Monsters > Eldan&Champy > Quinn > Silvi > )

Atanatotatos

First Post
Silvi, would you try to catch a glimpse of the area on the cliff? Maybe you could try to cover yourself with some leaves and small branches, that mighy help you hiding among the foliage...whispers Heian as he kneels down to offer Silvi a steady step for the climb.

[sblock=ooc]voda, is this ok with you?
If voda agrees and Silvi climbs the tree, Heian will try to aid Silvi in climbing(21) and stealth (6) I'm not sure if the silly advice would qualify as sufficent for Heian to aid another's action, but 6 is no good anyway so... should be a +2 to the climb check, though?[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]they'd certainly see us. The advantage lies in the fact that Heian, Silvi and Quinn could go up avoiding the "block" of the two guards, which would be taken care of by Eldan and Champy. The gain is the chance to surprise the ones upstairs and prevent the two guards to back them up. This can only be a good plan, of course, if there isn't an overwhelming (relatively) number of creatures upstairs, which Silvi would discover by looking from upon a tree... Or maybe I am just deluding myself :D[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=Heian and Quinn]ooc: sending Silvi up the tree gives a chance for someone to spot her; but if she's successful you'll know where everything is up there. So it's risk vs reward.
I don't think you can "aid another" in a stealth skill check. I mean, if you were distracting people then you could, but the "advice" thing sounds like the 2nd level ranger utility power.
[/sblock][sblock=Heian and Quinn]
Incidentally I wrote the above before I rolled.

Silvi, scrambles up a nearby tree. You can make out her barely concealed form about 25 feet above you.

The blast of hellish energy that slams into the young woman suggests she has been discovered [12DAM&weakened (save ends)]

Silvi looses her grip on the tree and falls to the ground, it looks like she's trying to get a grip on the branch but she slips [Acro:roll of 3=11] and hits the ground with a bonesnapping-crunch [15DAM].

"three and... something..." she manages to gasp out.

[/sblock]
Eldan hears a blast of energy echo from the clearing. It appears the battle has been joined.

[sblock=Initiative]
F2 Initiative for party
for monsters

23 - Swarm - double move
17 Eldan (and Champy) <-we are here
13 Quinn
11 Silvi
08 Heian
04 - Shaman
02 - Warriors
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Silvi 1/28
-weakened (save ends)
-BLOODIED
[/sblock]

Round 1

A mass of lots of little somethings..surges down the ramp in your direction. The swarm doesn't quite close in on you, but it seems to be heading directly for Silvi.

[sblock=Monster Knowledge - Nature: 15]The whatever-it-is seems to be made up of lots of little fungal creatures, unlike Champy and his brethren these seem to able to eat. The way they're moving as a coordinated mass suggests that the fiendish taint in the area has had a delirious effect on their development.
Name: Demonic Fungi Swarm
Type & Keywords: Medium natural animate (plant, swarm)

[sblock=Nature 20]
The little bodies that make up the swarm seems to consist almost entirely of a mouth and primitive digestive system; a very large mouth relative to their body size actually
Powers

• Swarm Attack aura 1; the demonic fungal swarm makes a basic
    attack as a free action against each enemy that begins its turn in
    the aura.
  • :bmelee:Swarm of Teeth (standard; at-will)
    -extra damage vs prone
    :melee: Pull Down (minor; at-will)
    -makes prone

[sblock=Nature 25]
The creature seems to be animated by some sort of primitive demonic will, a possible instance of pseudo-sentience. Attacking the creatures with normal weaponry will be less effective than using some sort of area attack.
Immune fear; Resist half damage from melee and ranged attacks;
Vulnerable 5 against close and area attacks.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Attachments

• ePoL_F2_R1_Init17.JPG
    ePoL_F2_R1_Init17.JPG
    552.6 KB · Views: 72

Voda Vosa

First Post
Quinn prompts into motion, walking hasty in front of Silvi he holds his staff with both hands, and hits the ground in front of him, pronouncing ancient words. "Phonos relampagus!"
As he pronounced this words a floating rune appears at the top of his simple mud staff, and a whip-crack of sonic power lashes up from the ground, pushing the crawling creatures backwards.

[sblock=combat]
Move: walk to the square occupied by Heian's name :p
Standar: Use Thunderwave. Int vs Fort for 1d6+ int dmg and pushed 2 squares away (Quinn's Wis: +2)
Minor: look like Gandalf.
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I should wait to know if the creatures are pushed before acting... another thin.
Honestly, Graf: should Heian "overlook" Silvi's one htpoint? It's killing verisimilitude, but there are three npcs already and I understand it can be a bother...so?[/sblock]

Remove ads