• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] [ePoL] Heroic Souls IC (R6 Heian > Monsters > Eldan&Champy > Quinn > Silvi > )

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=Heian and Quinn]
Heian and Quinn make their way carefully around the base of the little cliff. The cliff wall a dark red stone, rough and almost completely vertical. It has ready hand holds but would probably moderately challenging climb if you were trying to rush. [DC20 climb check could clear it in one round, with a 15 it would take two rounds.].

The clearing has been methodically if crudely cleared of trees, however the remaining forest is untouched. The densely overgrown and thick shadows from the canopy of leaves above you provides excellent concealment.

At first you think that silvi has remained behind, but she reappears as you complete your circle. You are quite close to the ramp and can see two of the fungi-men standing in front of the ramp; one of them is less than 10 meters away.

Up close they look similar to Champy, but they are reddish in color, with tumorous red growths covering their bodies.

[sblock=Knowledge Nature: 15]Despite its coloration this appears to be a rather simple warrior of some variety; though the fiendish taint has almost certainly not improved it's disposition.
Keywords: Plant, Animate

[sblock=Knowledge Nature: 20]It seems unlikely to have any abilities of note.[/sblock][sblock=Knowledge Nature: 25]With the fiendish taint flooding its body its metabolism is almost certainly highly resistant (if not immune) to poisons and diseases.
You doubt it is vulnerable to any sort of specific attack.[/sblock] [/sblock]

[/sblock]

Eldan remains behind with ever loyal, and dutiful Champy, who did not seem to understand the need for stealth*. They can't see the clearing from their position (insuring that they can't be seen from it either) but they are, in Eldan's judgment, close enough that they will be able to easily hear the fight beginning and should be able to rush to join relatively quickly.

Neeloo remains away from the fight, apparently distracted by something.

Attachments

• ePoL_F2_setup.jpg
    ePoL_F2_setup.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Silvi, how many of those creatures did you see? In your judgement, would we be easily surrounded if we rushed up the ramp? Did you notice anything unusual up there? We need to know if we have a reason to fight or we can avoid it... wispers Heian to Silvi, nervous because of the new-found ignorance of the outside world...
[sblock=ooc]Nature: 18[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
I saw a few more around the top from the far side of the clearing. I can't see more unless I climb a tree....
Silvi looks like she'd consider climbing a tree.

Graf

Explorer
OOC: Climbing a tree to give you a look will necessitate some stealth on Silvi's part to avoid giving away the element of surprise.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Then again...Maybe I have an idea. Quin, would you be able with your magic tricks to create a sound or something that would make the two guarding the ramp go to check, possibly in Eldan's direction? We might be able to storm the upper ground with two less guards, while Eldan and Champy handle them. That is, if we really want to do this...

[sblock=ooc]Voda, what about using ghost sound and/or prestidigitation or light to distract the two guard before the ramp and try to have them go towards Eldan? If we want to go up we might do easily this way... that is' if we think we won't be overwhelmed over there. We might have Silvi try to climb a tree anyway befoehand, to check on that...

I know, I know... Heian only has 8 intelligence... I suppose I'm playing on a 4 wisdom?... :)[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"They don't seem to skillful with that clubs. although their fiendish corruption could make them inmune to diseases or some other kind of biological threats. I think I can't create an illusion that far. But, I have the premonition that they should be susceptible to fire. I can cunjure an old arcane spell. I ... can't completly remeber how I know it... But it just seems to be a situation similar to one I've already lived. Maybe... Well... nevermind... The fact is that I can conjure a fire sphere and move it at will. They can't destroy it, And if I'm on an advantageous place from where I can see them, I could easily destroy them or make them flee, if they have some wits." the wizard explains.

OOC: What about a flaming sphere :]?

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]you could indeed move it up the ramp after that... anyway, ghost sound has range 10, so you could try to make them move away(nearer to Eldan and Champy, that might even be able to engage them depending on how far they'd go), and keep the flaming sphere for the higher place if needed. sounds bad?[/sblock]

Remove ads