• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] [ePoL] Heroic Souls IC (R6 Heian > Monsters > Eldan&Champy > Quinn > Silvi > )

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
This automerge thing is supremely annoying.

Ooc (also for rayex): since most of the creatures are also outside of the light cast by eldan's helm you'll be dealing with their displacement as well.

AND you don't have combat advantage you give combat advantage. The larger creatures have a power called Harrier. When they're adjacent to you? Everything that attacks you treats you as though they have combat advantage.

You only get combat advantage vs V34 (b/c the stubby fellow in the hat is on the other side of you).
[/sblock]

Heian's glowing blades cause the shadow creatures to hiss in fear and pull away, in the sticking mud his blade falls short.

Silvi slashes out with vicious fury, unfortunately failing to connect.
[sblock=OOC]There are actually four creatures around you... W35 was already dead.
Since that was my bad I moved the 16 to V35. Unfortunately V35 is outside of Eldan's helm's light (displacement) and your check result was a 4.
:(
[/sblock]

Panicked the smaller shadow creatures surge forward chattering wildly both Heian and Silvi are bitten again.
Their sounds have an oddly human ring... almost like they're saying "kill... win... victory...."

[sblock=Round 3 Neeloo then Eldan and then the big creatures]
[sblock=Status Beginning of round]
t = temporary hit points
Eldan 24+8t/27
-grants combat advantage to all

Heian 21+8t/27

Silvi 19/28
-grants combat advantage to all[/sblock]

16 Mystery Guest Init Roll
----------- Attacks rat creatures MISS
15 Quinn -- hopefully Voda Vosa will return otherwise he'll lose his action again[/]
07 Heian -- miss
05.0 Silvi -- miss
05.1 Little Monsters
--------- 4 attack Heian for 3 points of damage
1 Crit
--------- 2 attack Silvi for 3 points of damage
1 Hit
--------- 1 attacks Eldan for 0 damage
MISS
05.2 Neeloo
04.1 Eldan
04.3 Verulo
04.4 Larger Monsters

Status
t = temporary hit points
Eldan 24+8t/27

Heian 21+5t/27

Silvi 16/28

[/sblock]

Attachments

• ePoL_F1_R3-Neeloo.jpg
    ePoL_F1_R3-Neeloo.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 80
  • ePoL_F1_Legend.jpg
    ePoL_F1_Legend.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Frustrated with his ineffective attempts and hurting from multiple wounds, Eldan shouts out to his dwarven companion, Hit it now, it should be off-balance, as he smashes his shield into the creature between them.

He then turns to Silvi and shouts, stay strong little one. We shall be victorious.

[sblock=ooc] Furious smash vs. whichever creature borders both Eldan and the new arrival (or someone else if they aren't close enough together), and then minor action to use Inspiring Word, targeting Silvi.[/sblock]

[sblock=Graf] No worries on the dialogue, or the action. I was leaning in that direction for the round, if something came close enough. If you're willing, please continue with the rolling for me, as I don't have my own computer, so I would have to shuffle pages to check Eldan's stats and IC, and my connection is slooooow.[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=Redclaw]Cool. I was feeling the guilt, a bit.
Happy to roll.[/sblock]

Eldan sidesteps out of the mud and brings his shield around in a powerful blow against the larger shadow creature that has been tearing into Silvi, unfortunately he misses, but his inspiring words help Silvi rally under the onslaught of tearing fangs.

[sblock=Eldan's action]shifts one square to the left Y34), and tries to make a furious smash against X33 MISS.
His inspiring words help Silvi maintain her fighting spirit. (7+3=10 hit points healed).[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Status
t = temporary hit points
Eldan 24+8t/27
-grants combat advantage to all attackers

Heian 21+5t/27

Silvi 26/28 -- Surges Remaining: 5
-grants combat advantage to all attackers[/sblock]

Last edited:

SarahRequiem

First Post
Neeloo looks around her and sees Heian being surrounded by these shadow creatures.

"Heian!" she screams. The time then seems to slow down around her, almost to a stop. She doesnt know what to do but a fey flies around her and talks to her...

"My queen, open your mind and free your soul, I'll show you the way" the small creatures says with a smile.

"T-Thanks you"

NeeLoo's eyes brighten up with a vibrant silvery light and blast's the creature on X37 with eyebite, but it is innfective.

"come on... try harder!"

NeeLoo spends an action point and her eyes brighten up even more as she attacks the mind of the creature on V36.
[sblock=actions]Eyebite on x37; miss; Eyebite on X37 (1d20 4=5, 1d6 4=8)
spend action point
Curse of the dark dream on V36; Curse of the dark dream on V36 (1d20 4=11, 3d8 4=19) 11vs will. I dont know if it works if it does, the creature takes 19 psychic damage and slides 3 squares away from heian, to the left.[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=Neeloo -- Bad news with no real good news...]An 11 vs Will just misses.

I poked around a bit to see if there were any other bonuses you could pick up... but I didn't find anything.
(You would heal 3 hit points from Eldan's Inspiring Presence but you're at full hit points already :-S). [/sblock]

Despite the fey swirling about her calling out encouragement Neeloo can't seem to focus her powerful attacks on the creatures mind.

Verulo, apparently locked in combat with a particularly vicious creature, lets out a stream of curses from further up the river.

The larger shadow creatures tear into Silvi and Eldan again. They seem to be able to take advantage both of harrying their foes and attacking in a pack to inflict serious wounds.
Despite the challenging conditions both warriors remain in the fight and unbloodied.

[sblock=Round 3 Neeloo then Eldan and then the big creatures]
t = temporary hit points
Eldan 24+8t/27

Heian 21+5t/27

Silvi 19/28
-grants combat advantage to all[/sblock]

16 Mystery Guest Init Roll
15 Quinn -- hopefully Voda Vosa will return otherwise he'll lose his action again[/]
07 Heian -- miss
05.0 Silvi -- miss
05.1 Little Monsters
--------- 4 attack Heian for 3 points of damage
1 Crit
--------- 2 attack Silvi for 3 points of damage
1 Hit
--------- 1 attacks Eldan for 0 damage
MISS
05.2 Neeloo - MISS :( Spend AP + Daily MISS :eek:
04.1 Eldan - shift to Y34 MISS
04.3 Verulo - fights large shadow creature up river
04.4 Larger Monsters
--------- 1 attacks Silvi for 8 points of damage
1 Hit
--------- 1 attacks Eldan for 6 points of damage
1 Hit

Status
t = temporary hit points
Eldan 24+2t/27
-grants combat advantage to all due to the Harrier ability of the larger creatures

Heian 21+5t/27

Silvi 20/28 -- Surges Remaining: 5
-grants combat advantage to all due to the Harrier ability of the larger creatures

[/sblock]

The helmet follows Eldan it's red light revealing that the rest of the creatures are smaller; only the two next to Eldan and Silvi [marked with big Ms on the map] are the larger sort.

Encouraged by Eldan's shouts the stumpy figure makes a series of frenzied swings [spends AP] to little effect as the agile shadow creatures seem to be able to keep just ahead of it's spastic attempts to thump them.

[sblock=Round 4 Silvi and Heian]
t = temporary hit points
Eldan 24+2t/27

Heian 21+5t/27

Silvi 20/28 -- Surges Remaining: 5
--grants combat advantage to all due to the Harrier ability of the larger creatures[/sblock]

16 Eldan's "Dwarven Brother"
----------- Spends an AP: Attacks rat creatures MISS
15 Quinn -- Voda Vosa gone for good? still losing actions
07 Heian --
05.0 Silvi --
05.1 Little Monsters
05.2 Neeloo -
04.1 Eldan -
04.3 Verulo -
04.4 Larger Monsters -

Status
nothing changed yet
[/sblock]

Attachments

• ePoL_F1_R4.jpg
    ePoL_F1_R4.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 81

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Missing is really irritating. And the whole group is on a terrible rolling streak...
:(

Incidentally the gray creature between you and Silvi is dead. Only the red ones are alive. I'll delete them next round to make it clearer.

I don't think you can challenge the big one in x33. Your challenge won't "stick" if you haven't attacked the target or ended your turn next to it.

You -can- shift to X25 (it's not difficult terrain and you can enter the squares of dead/helpless enemies) and challenge V34. You'd tighten up ranks and help take a little bit of pressure of Silvi (they have more trouble hitting you, and you're doing a lot better in terms of hit points).
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Close in, Eldan shouts to the others. The fewer of them around us, the less our distraction will hurt. He then follows his own advice and moves closer to Silvi, pausing only to unleash a vicious strike at the large creature near them.

[sblock=ooc] Shift to X34, viper's strike vs M in X33, giving Silvi the OA if it shifts. If that misses, Eldan will spend an action point and use guarding strike on the same target, helping Silvi's AC.[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Redclaw, thanks for posting. That's a big help. Silvi and the little guys go first. Then you and Neeloo.

But I rolled your attack roll already and you didn't miss. So that's something :).[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads