• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E errata up on wizards.com

Kraydak

First Post
kerbarian said:
The main differences are burst 5 instead of burst 2, and Cloudkill doesn't block LoS. It doesn't seem like much for going from level 5 to 19, but it is almost 5x the area covered.

Cloudkill moves slower... and can be more awkward to place, especially if you want to move it.

Side questions: is it clear whether moving a cloud into someone counts as them entering the cloud? If so, does the cloud actually move or does it teleport (a Stinking Cloud is small enough/moves fast enough to cross completely over someone in a move action)? How does Spell Accuracy work with movable zones (it looks to me like the specific squares you choose *at casting* are always omitted, it isn't clear whether they need to be in the initial area of the casting).

Surgoshan

First Post
I'd say that a cloud being positioned on someone counts as them entering the cloud, but not if the cloud merely passes over them during a move action.

That's a disappointingly large amount of errata for new material that has been in development for several years.

Next time they need to hire EN World's forums to find bugs before they publish. ;)

Verys Arkon

First Post
After having edited the PrRC for several months, I think only a couple of pages of errata is remarkably good at this point. Editing something this complex is very difficult, and I think WotC did a good job really. Nothing is perfect. I'm also very happy with how quickly the errata is released.

Boarstorm

First Post
Captain Eru said:
The errata for the three books is dated three days after release. I had hoped that with a new addition, it would take a bit longer before I had attach sticky notes to my books.

What, you wanted them to drag their feet about listing errata?

Particle_Man

Explorer
I am glad they have prompt corrections. This is a good thing. I don't expect any rulebook of the length of the player's handbook to be error-free.

Though I am sad that with conjurations no longer occupying spaces that enemies can't enter and allies can, my wizard's Mage Hand is not as uber as before. Too good to be true, I guess. :)

Regicide

Banned
Banned
Boarstorm said:
What, you wanted them to drag their feet about listing errata?

No, but it would have been nice if the errata was less obvious and less numerous so took some effort/time to find. Hello horrible editing.

Anyway, thanks to the OP for pointing out the URL. No more will guardians attack allies or lanterns block squares. Huzzah!

NMcCoy

Explorer
Regicide said:
No, but it would have been nice if the errata was less obvious and less numerous so took some effort/time to find.

"given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow."
With thousands of passionate gamers poring over both the books themselves and the PDFs beforehand, it's no surprise these things were found quickly. I think WotC should be commended for their prompt response and addressing of these issues.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads