• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E errata up on wizards.com

Irda Ranger said:
No kidding! They should have leaked the PDFs in time to let us proof them before going to the printers ...

Haha..so true!

But I wonder if they are going to update the pdf's with the erratta. I suppose that is too much to hope for. But seriously, this much errata so quick out the gate..I mean 3 days..are you kidding...so disconcerting....

well you know, if wotc doesn't update the pdfs, some crafty person on the net will undoubtedly do it. (i suppose I'm not helping the cause by pointing this out)

EDIT: by "pdfs" I mean the pdfs that are supposed to be avail on DDI for subscribers.

Family

First Post
FormerlyDickensC said:
this much errata so quick out the gate..I mean 3 days..are you kidding...so disconcerting....

First, I'm very pleased with quality of the core books, and I beleive I was the first on these boards to riase his hand and doubt they would be good. Kudos WotC 4e D&D editing team.

As to the above quote the amount of errata is hopefuly the lion's share, and I am confident that it was quickly found due to a great online community. Seriously, I'm proud and hopeful.

I'd ask everyone who has a moment or a couple of hours to pour over a page or chapter, note any errors and post them. If we scrub, we just might get it all for if/when they print an updated version. Please and thanks if you do.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
FormerlyDickensC said:
EDIT: by "pdfs" I mean the pdfs that are supposed to be avail on DDI for subscribers.

Didn't they change their minds and decide that there were not going to provide PDFs for DDI subscribers, but rather roll it all into the 'compendium access' thingy?

Aegir

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
Didn't they change their minds and decide that there were not going to provide PDFs for DDI subscribers, but rather roll it all into the 'compendium access' thingy?

Don't quote me on this, but the change wasn't necessarily in their plan to offer PDFs. They said that it was simply too complicated to have the compendium be based on the books that you yourself own, and so they'd simply have it contain info on everything 4E related that they publish, most likely in a slightly less complete form then originally planned (references to the book and page instead of a detailed desc, for example).

While it could well mean that this also meant "we're not doing PDFs" (I hope not: I tend to prefer digital versions, and the way they did their PDF books in 3E was, in a word, ridiculous), they didn't come out and say that, to my knowledge.

mattdm

First Post
FormerlyDickensC said:
Haha..so true!
But I wonder if they are going to update the pdf's with the erratta. I suppose that is too much to hope for.

I don't think it's too much to hope for, especially if they do end up charging near full-hard-copy price.

well you know, if wotc doesn't update the pdfs, some crafty person on the net will undoubtedly do it. (i suppose I'm not helping the cause by pointing this out)

Why not? It's not like WotC gains anything by covering their ears and going lalala. They should be providing services at least as good as what can be easily obtained illegally.

Plane Sailing said:

No, a recent thread confirmed that they're still intending to make PDFS available for sale. Scott Rouse said "Soon." (And that's all he said.)

Tuft

First Post
mattdm said:
Why not? It's not like WotC gains anything by covering their ears and going lalala. They should be providing services at least as good as what can be easily obtained illegally.

It was one of the really really great benefits of the online 3.5 SRD. Instant, searchable access to the most-used rules with all erratas applied.

WoTC not only have to compete with the searchable convenience of unauthorized PDFs, but also wit the convenience of the tools built around the previous edition and its open license...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads