• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E errata up on wizards.com

frankthedm

First Post
And hill giants again bring on the pain!

Hill Giant [Revision]
Monster Manual, page 121
Replace the greatclub damage:"1d10 + 5 damage” with “2d10 + 7 damage.

Eldorian

First Post
frankthedm said:

Hill Giant [Revision]
Monster Manual, page 121

Gah. That's a big one. Scary.

Jack99

Adventurer
frankthedm said:

Hill Giant [Revision]
Monster Manual, page 121

It was expected. Paragon tier monsters (at least the melee-centric ones) do 2dX+Y damage normally*.

Chen_93

First Post
I don't have my books with me, but with the change to cloudkill, doesn't it make it almost exactly the same (and thus worse due to being higher level) than stinking cloud? I seem to recall the only real difference was that Cloudkill didn't require a hit roll...

Captain Eru

First Post
The errata for the three books is dated three days after release. I had hoped that with a new addition, it would take a bit longer before I had attach sticky notes to my books.

mattdm

First Post
Ugh, still in zipped pdfs rather than just the plain pdf. I was happy to see the new Dragon/Dungeon articles stopped doing that. Also the way it's titled "Microsoft Word" is pretty classy. :)

On a more serious note, I'm pretty surprised to see that the ranger Careful Strike / Twin Strike issue isn't addressed, because the math is really quite clear there.

kerbarian

Explorer
Chen_93 said:
I don't have my books with me, but with the change to cloudkill, doesn't it make it almost exactly the same (and thus worse due to being higher level) than stinking cloud? I seem to recall the only real difference was that Cloudkill didn't require a hit roll...
The main differences are burst 5 instead of burst 2, and Cloudkill doesn't block LoS. It doesn't seem like much for going from level 5 to 19, but it is almost 5x the area covered.

Remove ads