D&D 4E 4E is to be announced at GenCon?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Razz said:
You know what, I wouldn't be surprised if they completely destroy psionics in 4E...that is, if 4E turns out to be as drastic as 2E-3E is.

No way. They finally got Psionics right! And they even have psionic plastic DDM characters.

I'm thinking it'll be another add-on book, but that's just fine.

Cheers, -- N

Guennarr

First Post
A foreign word called tolerance?

Hi everyone,

I understand both sides, but obvioiusly too many people here are too narrow minded to understand the other one's position:

If you already spent hundreds or thousands of $$ on 3.0/ 3.5 books, you aren't too keen on seeing them outdated ouf of a sudden:
1. You like the current edtion, otherwise you hadn't bought that many books of it.
2. The possibility to keep on playing 3.5 is a bad comfort for you, because you know that the majority of players is likely to move on to 4th edition. You can clearly imagine your loved 3.5 books growing "waste paper".

If you only stuck to the 3.5 core books and a few more new books, you are looking forward to a new edition:
1. It will (hopefully) keep on streamlining the rules
2. It will contain a plethora of new abilities and hopefully include/ develop your favourite game element which was never appropriately treated so far.

Needless to say that both opinions are almost completely incompatible.

So if someone feels threatened by the outlook of his precious collection falling outdated: Accept it.

And if someone else looks forward to a new rules edition: Be glad with him.

If people behaved that way, this thread was shorter by about 100 postings... :pp
Needless to say that people will nevertheless keep on spamming this thread and distract from the real interesting core of the subject: When will 4th edition appear and what will it be like?

Greetings,
Günther

Remove ads