• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E is to be announced at GenCon?

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Hmm...maybe I shouldn't add that the reason there are no half races is because we've now moved on to quarter races.

Bah. You lack imagination. 4E is going to have one-third races!!!! :cool:

What? ;)

Andor

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Bah. You lack imagination. 4E is going to have one-third races!!!! :cool:

Nonsense. The whole point of 4E is the switch to genetics based character modeling. So while obviously the mother will determine things like mitochondrial modifiers (or midichlorians for spellcasters) you will have 48 chromosones full of thousands of alleles to use in determining your characters background. So suppose you go back 4 generations and your great-great grandparents consist of:

A silver Dragon
A Hobgoblin
A half-orc
An grey elf
A gold elf
A wood elf
A dormouse
A centaur
a human
a halfling
A half-halfling/half kender
A bullywug
An ettin
A pair of siamese twin dwarves
A similacrum of Morenkainen
and a pixie stick

The system will easily allow you to figure out your characters stats and powers, once you get done rolling for meiosis modifiers in each crossing, of course.

Why else would they be giving Richard Dawkins cover credits?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Cthulhudrew said:
I'm not sure it's a coincidence these threads started up once you came back, Nightfall. :p

*ten*

Maybe so but then I like to think I'm a harbinger of the Apocalypse. It's a nice way to avoid having a real job.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Razz said:
Nah, some of us have gone through the edition transition once, some of us actually TWICE.

Hey, I've been down that road as well. And I bet a lot of people posting on EN World have been there with us.

Hmmmm ... let's see how my transitions went;

D&D Basic Set, Expert Set, Companion Set -> AD&D1st edition -> AD&D2nd edition (although not much playing, mostly acumulation of settings) -> D&D3e -> D&D3.5.

And what's the point of all that? To play something that's fun and interesting. To get new ways of looking at old problems. To get some fresh discussion about rules, new and old.

And if you own 80+ books for the current set of D&D, have you used them all? And have you used all of them? The books I have for D&D3e would last me a lifetime and more, if I wanted to try every single thing in them.

/M

Last edited:

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Nightfall said:
Maybe so but then I like to think I'm a harbinger of the Apocalypse. It's a nice way to avoid having a real job.

Dang- I knew there was something I'd left out in my quest for a non-working life!

Remove ads