D&D 4E 4E is to be announced at GenCon?

Razz

Banned
Banned
Baby Samurai said:
I personally can't wait for 4th edition. The writing is already on the wall, with products such as ToB and Star Wars: Saga Edition, on which direction the game is going.

Something tells me you do not own at least 20+ D&D books (I own 80+ published by WotC, including the 3E Dragon Magazines) or else you'd actually cringe everytime you hear "4E", like I do.

Unless you're a rich guy, in which case new editions don't bother you. Not everyone is rich and willing to invest in another edition of D&D...again...and again...

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
As I said in the other thread, I'm thinking announcement at the 2009 D&D experience for GenCon 2009 - tying into the 35th anniversary of D&D.

DonTadow

First Post
Cam Banks said:
I was under the impression that WotC was going to do all of their announcements at D&D Experience from now on, rather than GenCon. Of course, 40 years of GenCon, 4th edition, lots of synergy there.

Cheers,
Cam
I thought it was a definate fact that 4th edition wouldn't be announced this year. Haven't 2 or 3 people form wotc said that it wouldn't be announced?

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Razz said:
Something tells me you do not own at least 20+ D&D books (I own 80+ published by WotC, including the 3E Dragon Magazines) or else you'd actually cringe everytime you hear "4E", like I do.

Unless you're a rich guy, in which case new editions don't bother you. Not everyone is rich and willing to invest in another edition of D&D...again...and again...

To be fair you don't have to be rich. It's not like you have to run out and buy 80+ new books the day 4E comes out. You just need to have the disposable income to continue buying on a sustained basis. You obviously (with 80+ books) seem to have the income to devote to a new edition if you buy the 4e books at the same rate you're buying 3e books. On the flip side, WotC needs to be able to continue to produce D&D material, but it is a valid choice to keep playing whatever version you want. Look at Diaglo, he's got it figured out. :D

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
DonTadow said:
I thought it was a definate fact that 4th edition wouldn't be announced this year. Haven't 2 or 3 people form wotc said that it wouldn't be announced?
At the D&D experience a statement was made about cool products already planned for all of '08, so, more than likely, at the very least there is more than one year until the new edition.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Vyvyan Basterd said:
To be fair you don't have to be rich. It's not like you have to run out and buy 80+ new books the day 4E comes out. You just need to have the disposable income to continue buying on a sustained basis. You obviously (with 80+ books) seem to have the income to devote to a new edition if you buy the 4e books at the same rate you're buying 3e books. On the flip side, WotC needs to be able to continue to produce D&D material, but it is a valid choice to keep playing whatever version you want. Look at Diaglo, he's got it figured out. :D
Exactly... I am currently playing in an AD&D game and, so far, my manuals haven't spontaneously combusted... ;)

Remove ads