4e on Best Seller lists

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Original post here

The D&D 4th Edition Player's Handbook is # 4 on the Wall Street Journal Non-Fiction Best Seller List

The 4e books also hit the USA Today List:

PHB is also #47 on USA Today Top 150 (mix of all fiction, non-fiction, hardcover, paperback, etc)
DMG is #128
MM is #143
Gift Set is #148

The single books would be higher on the list if they factored in that the Gift set contains one of each.

As a point of comparison, the 3.5 PHB hit the USA Today list for 2 weeks, peaking at #57.
The 3.5 DMG was on the list for one week, at #92
The 3.5 MM was on the list for one week, at #112
Strangely I can't find the 3.0 history on the list.

We should hear soon if we hit the NYT BSL. :D

Timeboxer

Explorer
I must admit that I am amused by the concept of a knockdown, drag-out fight between the D&D development team and Scott McClellan for that coveted Number Three position on the Wall Street Journal Non-Fiction Best Seller List.

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
I continue to find it amazing that David Sedaris is that well liked. I mean, I love him, but I don't expect people in general to have such good taste.

I also find it funny that he's listed as non-fiction.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Amy Kou'ai said:
I must admit that I am amused by the concept of a knockdown, drag-out fight between the D&D development team and Scott McClellan for that coveted Number Three position on the Wall Street Journal Non-Fiction Best Seller List.

Will it be a matter of the amount of Truthiness contained within each? :D

I will keep my fingers crossed that this new edition does tons better than the 3.x revision. Clearly that is the goal. I am guessing that the leveling off of the gift set and rise of the three individual books is due to the lack of slip cases? In any event, once the slip cases are reprinted and more gift sets get into the channels, it will be interesting to see if the gift set overtakes the DMG and MM. I doubt the PH will be caught, given its obvious target audience.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Kwalish Kid said:
I continue to find it amazing that David Sedaris is that well liked. I mean, I love him, but I don't expect people in general to have such good taste.

I also find it funny that he's listed as non-fiction.

A funny family.

Family

First Post
You're a worldwide success inside and outside your circle.

I hope you have some cold suds left to raise...congratulations!

Last edited:

Family

First Post
Nope, this ain't slipping away that easy.

Scott_Rouse said:
I use dice, roller skates, nitrous oxide, some of that mud they use on baseballs, an opossum (stuffed-not live), a pen (pencils are weak), Crown Royal, one of those big foam cowboy hats, vintage barbies, and pointy elf ears.

My game style is way more gamist than simulationist.

This bump also alows me to to throw down the gauntlet to any artists out there. A picture of this would be worthwhile eh?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases