• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E PHB Viewing at Games Plus, what we saw

A'koss

Explorer
thalmin said:
Yes, while quite playable right out of the book, we don't get any racial feats to add on. A racial power is listed for each. Speed, vision, defense adjustments, stat bonuses etc. are listed.
Yeah, that's what I thought... just enough to get you goin'. I imagine DDI will flesh out a bunch of these races as well.

Rechan

Adventurer
Some racial feats are no brainers. Look at the elf. Elven precision adds onto Elven Accuracy (the elf power). The Halfling has a power called Second Chance - a halfling feat modifies the roll for that power.

So all you have to do is create a feat that effects the racial power in a numerical way.

Cadfan

First Post
Thanks for the information! Regarding raise dead, do you happen to recall what the reason was that it scales? Is it perhaps functioning a bit differently at each tier?

A'koss

Explorer
Rechan said:
Okay, what is the Star Pact? Is the Stars 'The Far Realms' Or what? What's the fluff, essentially.
I'd like to know this as well as I thought they weren't going the Far Realms angle on this (though I hope it is!)...

Bestopheles said:
Gnomes. GNOMES. Gnomes are insane. Gnomes can *turn invis* once per encounter after they've taken dmg. They can also choose to roll "hide" instead of intialtive at the start of an encounter. Hello Gnome Rogue. And by "hello" I mean, "Please, for the love of god, stop stabbing me in the back." My friends quote was "Man, I hate gnomes! They're stupid! But now I can't stop picturing a pack of gnomes sitting in the trees doing the clicking noise that the Predators make in the alien movies. Stupid stealth gnomes. I'm going to have to play one."

Do you remember what the Gnome's stat mods were?

Incenjucar

Legend
Vickrin said:
23 Playable races sounds brilliant!!!
I also cant get the image of predator/gnomes out of my head...

On the plus side, rather than rip your skull and spine out of your body, he'll probably just shove a badger in your face and make kissy noises.

MindWanderer

First Post
thalmin said:
Nearly every class has 4 At-Wills available to chose from at 1st level, Wizard has 5. Same goes for Encounters. Fighter, Paladin and Rogue have 3 Dailys, everyone else has 4.
Warlocks only get 4? How does that work? The DDXP warlock's powers, except for Eldritch Blast, all had the Warlock (Fey) designation. Does that mean that warlocks get no at-will power selection, and minimal other power selectio? I mean, if there are 4 at-wills, one is Eldritch Blast (Warlock [All]), one is Eyebite (Warlock [Fey]), one is Warlock (Infernal), and one is Warlock (Star), you get no options--and humans wouldn't be able to take their bonus at-will at all. Can anyone explain?

Remove ads