• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E PHB Viewing at Games Plus, what we saw

Sojorn

First Post
Incenjucar said:
On the plus side, rather than rip your skull and spine out of your body, he'll probably just shove a badger in your face and make kissy noises.
And I shall bemoan the fact that rangers arn't allowed the use of automatic assault rifles.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Warforged

I did get a bit on the Warforged
+2 STR, +2 CON
Speed 6
Vision Normal
+2 to Endurance Skill
Can wear armor

Ondo

First Post
Fallen Seraph said:
Hmm, also when you combine it all together that is a lot of right off the bat races to choose from: 16 from MM (including the two Shifters as separate) and the 7 from PHB: 23 races.
It's actually 8 races in the PHB. (Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Human, and Tiefling.)

valeren

First Post
MindWanderer said:
Warlocks only get 4? How does that work? The DDXP warlock's powers, except for Eldritch Blast, all had the Warlock (Fey) designation. Does that mean that warlocks get no at-will power selection, and minimal other power selectio? I mean, if there are 4 at-wills, one is Eldritch Blast (Warlock [All]), one is Eyebite (Warlock [Fey]), one is Warlock (Infernal), and one is Warlock (Star), you get no options--and humans wouldn't be able to take their bonus at-will at all. Can anyone explain?

Ouch. That kinda sucks. i was hoping to create a warlock as my first character. Seems there's not much of an option for him. He'll be looking like all the other warlocks out there. :(

Rechan

Adventurer
MindWanderer said:
Warlocks only get 4? How does that work? The DDXP warlock's powers, except for Eldritch Blast, all had the Warlock (Fey) designation. Does that mean that warlocks get no at-will power selection, and minimal other power selectio? I mean, if there are 4 at-wills, one is Eldritch Blast (Warlock [All]), one is Eyebite (Warlock [Fey]), one is Warlock (Infernal), and one is Warlock (Star), you get no options--and humans wouldn't be able to take their bonus at-will at all. Can anyone explain?
A warlock might get 4 per pact.

Or, you might not get options for at wills, but you do get sundry abilities from your pact (like the misty step that the Warlock gets).

thalmin

Retired game store owner
valeren said:
Ouch. That kinda sucks. i was hoping to create a warlock as my first character. Seems there's not much of an option for him. He'll be looking like all the other warlocks out there. :(
I may have made a mistake, I was trying to take a few notes while turning pages while fighting to keep possession of the book while trying to remember what I was looking up while... you get the picture. ;)

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Dragonborn flight

I found nothing in the PHB about flight for the Dragonborn. In the MM, there was an epic-level dragonborn that had a flying speed, but I could not find it anywhere else. I may have missed it, but I looked quite hard for it. Not that I could find in any of the feats, either.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Stat Generation methods

The PHB lists several ways to generate your character.
1. Array 9 to 16 (I don't have exactly which numbers, but only one of any number)
2. Point Buy (10 in five stats, 8 in sixth. 25 points to buy up from that, I don't remember the costs.)
3. 4d6 drop the lowest

Remove ads