D&D 4E 4E PHB Viewing at Games Plus, what we saw

Jhaelen

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Reminds me of the old discussion - is it "Kommas" or "Kommata"? (My solution is the compromise, "Kommatas"... And since we also can't decide whether its "Pizzas" or "Pizzen", I'd suggest "Pizzata" or "Pizzatas", too)
Ouch! Like: Lexikon - Lexika - Lexikas? How do you call the plural of a plural? :)

MindWanderer said:
Well... clearly the point buy system we've been using (Totoro's) isn't the correct one. Back to the drawing board.

Edit: Okay, I've gone over the pregens that we have (both DDXP and KotS) and I can't find any way that 25-point buy would be possible, unless there's a bizarre nonlinear mechanic that I can't imagine (e.g. it costs more points to buy a second score up to 16 than it did the first score). Are you sure it wasn't 22 points?
Didn't someone show that all of the pregens used the same ability array? I bet that's the option that was used to build them.

beverson

First Post
Jhaelen said:
Didn't someone show that all of the pregens used the same ability array? I bet that's the option that was used to build them.

Yes, someone from WotC confirmed that the pregens used an array, NOT point buy. Now if I could only find a link....

Cirex

First Post
CrimsonNeko said:
Quick question, and sorry if it's already been answered, but any more info on those "2 shifters" mentioned?

It's around here. Both get special abilities when bloodied, like more damage/speed and the other not sure. I will check where it was.

EDIT : Found it. By Bestopheles:

Shifters are actually cool. Once the hit bloodied, they get an ability that kicks in and last the last of the encounter that adds +2 spd and I believe + dmg (for shifter: razorclaw). The other shifter had another + ability that kicked in at bloodied and lasted the whole time.

Jack99

Adventurer
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
No. Doppelgänger. Or for the umlaut-challenged, Doppelgaenger. ;)
(Off course, the umlaut is always there, singular or plural...)
äöü - ÄÖÜ. Haha, you can't do that with your keyboard! Nor this: ß!

äöüß - ÄÖÜ = easy.. try this æøåÆØÅ (and don't copy-paste! ;) )

zoroaster100

First Post
Did anyone get a chance to confirm the ability modifiers for half-elves, or how the half-elf racial multiclass power works (can a half-elf take a power from any other class, or only one with the same power source)?

Also, any more information on how the ritual for creating magic items works? Can a first level wizard create a potion of healing, and how often? What about a first level cleric?

Any information on weapon proficiencies and bonuses to hit with various weapons?

thalmin

Retired game store owner
zoroaster100 said:
Did anyone get a chance to confirm the ability modifiers for half-elves, or how the half-elf racial multiclass power works (can a half-elf take a power from any other class, or only one with the same power source)?
Confirmed. Can take a power from any OTHER class. (can't take extra at-will from own class)

Remove ads