D&D 4E 4E PrRC ~v2.7~ FINAL UPDATE May 29.08

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Relique du Madde said:
Uhm... Not to be a total killjoy, but what you did *MIGHT* considered a infringement since there IS NO OGL for 4e and since there is no SGL available at the moment. Like your pdf saids, "CONTENTS PROPERTY OF WIZARDS OF THE COAST." Thus, I'm not sure if you could legally compile information on 4e they way you did (especially any text they might have released with a copywrite).

For your sake, I hope WoTC's lawyers are not bloodthirsty now that they had a change in management.

It's free, concerning information handed out for free intended as a promotion. I am not saying you couldn't make a legal issue out of it, however I am saying it's probably fine. Their damages are right around $0.00.

keterys

First Post
There's a mistake on Flanking. A flanked creature grants combat advantage to every other creature in the encounter, not just the flankers.

This is incorrect. Only creatures actively flanking get the combat advantage (much like if a creature is invisible it gains combat advantage just for itself)

Some DMs made this mistake at DDXP.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm pretty sure he's safe legally due to the reasons Mistwell stated.

I agree that 17 is 14 points.

I eagerly await the updated version after we all have time to hack your hard work to pieces, thanks! :p

Fitz

FitzTheRuke

Legend
IThe human cleric's init was fixed, so humans don't get +1 init

As far as I can tell, the halfling's size does not effect its defenses.

Fitz

Last edited:

I thought the DDXP PCs where made using a 28 (or, in error, 29) point buy with the same cost as 3E IIRC.
8 costs 0
9 costs 1
10 costs 2
11 costs 3
12 costs 4
13 costs 5
14 costs 6
15 costs 8
16 costs 10
17 costs 13
18 costs 16

Edit: And thanks! nice write up :)

Last edited:

keterys said:
They were supposedly all legal characters (no stat errors), which invalidates 28 point buy .
Unless they went back and changed it the guy who wrote then said on a thread that he had made some errors (all in the PCs favour) cos he wrote them a 2am! I'll look for the thread....(edit)can't find it grrrr :\

Last edited:

Saishu_Heiki

First Post
As a programmer, one thing that always gets me is trying to ensure that I have the most up-to-date files. To this end, it is useful if you include a version number in your post so people can know if they need to update their file. I know I would appreciate it. :)

I was hoping someone would do this, I am too busy with senior project here at university to compile and update so much info. Thanks!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases