• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E Race Anti-Survivor

Which Races are most likely to stay in 4e?

• Human

Votes: 203 95.8%
  • Dwarf

Votes: 196 92.5%
  • Elf

Votes: 196 92.5%
  • Halfling

Votes: 154 72.6%
  • Half-Elf

Votes: 58 27.4%
  • Gnome

Votes: 60 28.3%
  • Half-Orc

Votes: 71 33.5%

• Poll closed .

EricNoah

Adventurer
As much as it pains me, I think the gnome could go. I would prefer to keep the gnome and get rid of the halfling though...

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
EricNoah said:
As much as it pains me, I think the gnome could go. I would prefer to keep the gnome and get rid of the halfling though...

The InQuest article pretty much promises the cut race will be put in a very early supplement at least.

Ambrus

Explorer
I believe they're all likely to remain, but I could do without the half-orc and half-elf myself. Keep the little folk!

IanB

First Post
Ambrus said:
I believe they're all likely to remain, but I could do without the half-orc and half-elf myself. Keep the little folk!

We know they're getting rid of at least one thanks to the InQuest article.

Glyfair

Explorer
EricNoah said:
Heh, just as I've been considering a gnome character.

The InQuest article pretty much promises the cut race will be put in a very early supplement at least.
Given all the likely choices are very important in the Eberron campaign setting (gnomes have their own country and dragonmarked house, half-elves have two powerful dragonmarked houses), I'm sure we will see 4E versions of them eventually. That's assuming they update Eberron.

Last edited:

To me, seems like the two half races and the Gnomes are the most likely to not be in the PHB. The other four just make up that iconic LotR party and cutting out Halflings just doesn't seem like a good idea.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
I figure the one most likely to have been eliminated for 4e is the gnome. If more than once half-elf would probably go next to keep 1 small race. Tiefling has been added but I'd like to see half-orc dumped for Orc as well.

Korgoth

First Post
Given the "Halfling Male Cleric" concept art, I don't think Halflings are going anyplace.

I do like that they don't look like RaveKender.

Glyfair

Explorer
Korgoth said:
Given the "Halfling Male Cleric" concept art, I don't think Halflings are going anyplace..

I was just going to post that. Dwarves, elves and humans are clearly safe. I think that leaves gnomes, half-orcs and half-elves.

Half-orcs might be a favorite since they have been eliminated before. Then again, they were added again.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads