D&D 3E/3.5 4E Simulationism: Did 3.5E Really Do That Good of a Job?

hong

WotC's bitch
ferratus said:
Yeah, but I think the main problem of Eladrin's being able to teleport out of jail cells is that it breaks realism to have jail cells not contain a captured martial character. Having to put enchantments to contain them that wouldn't contain an everyman is thus a problem that should only be for wizards, clerics, sorcerers, bards and druids. Oh, and everyone else that is able to have a contingency spell or secret a magical item to escape on their person.

Me, I'd just have the town guards treat the Eladrin as if they have "eerie powers" just like the spellcasters that exist in every single D&D party, and act accordingly. If it doesn't mean that wizards or bards are shot on sight then neither should Eladrin be. If wizards are shot on sight, then Eladrin might be people on the "shoot to kill" list.

Right. The problem with thinking too hard about fantasy is that it brings into the spotlight all those other times when you failed to think too hard about fantasy.

Stalker0

Legend
Doug McCrae said:
I have a simple solution for you wizard fans:

Don't allow martial characters to attain high level. Limit them to 10th or 20th. Paragon/epic tier is for wizards only. Or charge martial PCs double xp. That way the guys in the pointy hats can stay uber.

You were already houseruling a bit anyway if you consider all wizards in fiction to be rousetastic as in D&D only the high level ones are.

Bah, that's WAAAAY too hard:)

Just say, "All people who play a wizard in 4e gain +2 wizard levels."

Done and done!! And they can use magic rings earlier.

Remove ads