[4e] The Wolfcrown, Chapter 1

Rathan

First Post
Doren stays seated and quiet as the chaos of murmuring and jabbering of those around him go on.... the look on his face of pure disbelief... his jaw was gaped slightly as he ran what the image of what had transpired over and over again in his head.

"It it was..... me." Doren murmured yet loud enough for his companions to hear him and those in the crowd behind him

"I KNOW I did not... could not have done so yet I can SEE the image in my mind as if I was over lord hood in my head... I watched him as he slept.... I stabbed him... he... he pushed me back... and I strike him over the face with my dagger and there is a loud crack... he falls to me feet and all goes black for me..." Doren says as he cannot believe what he coming from his mouth....

"This.... this can not be... I am innocent... I do not use daggers... I do not KILL kings... how can this be.... Doren says as if visibly shaken and angry...

"This HAS to be Mansu's trickery.... this can not be!!" Doren added as he yelped this last bit of wording before going into a stunned silence...

[sblock=ooc Rathan]Your Insight check suggests that you indeed saw yourself in the vision, although whether the vision actually occurred (or was only a dream) cannot be discerned.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc IG]Your insight check doesn't tell you anything you don't already know.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc all]We'll wait on Shayuri and Phaezen to voice their reactions as well.[/sblock]

A few of the people in the crowd hear Doren's cries and begin to shout, "It's him! He said he killed the king!"

Phaezen

First Post
Squeal looks around confused then turns to Doren "If that one claims to have seen itself killing the king why does this one just remembered doing the deed?"

Squeal moves to interpose itself between Doren and the mob

The warforged raises its arms and continues "If any being should be held responsible, this one should."

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn fought down a surge of fear, mixed with a tinge of guilt. The vision had seemed so real...but given what the others were saying, it could not be. There'd been no one in her vision but her doing the deed.

"Everyone calm down," Thorn demands coldly. "Teach is spreading dissension and chaos, either as part of a plan, or just because he enjoys it. He's made a claim designed to divide us from a group of people all focused on finding the truth, into a bunch of frightened, suspicious individuals, each worried most about his own skin."

"Has he shown any proof? Any evidence at all? No." Thorn let that hang there for a moment. "Now if you'd all take your seats, lets get on with the trial."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"No Thorn," Torath says in disbelief looking at his hands, the ones used to kill the king. "I am the murderer, I remember now."

Torath looks to the group and finally what the others have said sink in. "Squeal you saw... Doren you to?" the young knight looks greatly confussed. Shaking his head and putting his hands over his face, then he removes his hands and he let's out a cry.

"Munsu you bastard leave us all ALONE!" he roars at the ceiling.

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn closes her eyes and concentrates on an imaginary point of light. Absolute focus. Her flaring impatience and irritation seem to fade to the back of her mind, where they won't impede her judgement.

"Torath," she said calmly, but with force, "Look at me. Whatever you think you remember is a lie. I had a similar vision. I'm sure we all did. It means nothing. It is an attempt to mislead not only us, but the others here. Now stop your bawling and start acting like the valorous knight we saw in White Vale."

Judge Zephyr stands up from his bench and casts a vicious glare down at Captain Teach.

"Order! Order immediately! In Blackmoor's name, I demand quiet!"

The courtroom falls into discomforted silence. Everyone sits down, many staring at you, awaiting your reaction. Zephyr manages to speak, though his voice betrays disbelief.

"Doren, Squeal, and Torath, did you just confess to the murder of the king?"

Captain Scultone looks back at you, and you feel hundreds of eyes awaiting your response.

Meanwhile, Captain Teach continues silently cackling in his seat, clutching his stomach mirthfully.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Yes your honor," Torath says standing his head bowed. "I mean I remeber doing it now as if in a dream. I know not why, and I am sorry."

Torath then looks to the others, "I am sorry my friends."

Remove ads