[4e] The Wolfcrown, Chapter 1

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Torath shocked by seeing the cultist stood still for a moment, and watched as everything happened as if in slow motion. When time again returned to normal he found himself at the doors about to exit the room.

He had to have answers and this assassin was going to provide them.

[sblock=Skill Rolls]
Religion = 22
Perception = 17
Roll Lookup

not sure on the perception was why I didn't end up in the hall to see where this assaliant went. But the 22 should give me a clue I hope to maybe something I learned when I was beiing schooled in the religion of The Four. [/sblock]

[sblock=Results]So far: 4 Successes, 3 Failures
[sblock=Doren]Successful Heal check, Successful History check, Failed Religion check, Successful Diplomacy check.[/sblock][sblock=Squeal]Failed Intimidate check[/sblock][sblock=Torath]Successful Religion check, Failed Perception check[/sblock][/sblock]

As Doren cradles Captain Teach, a grim chuckle slips from between the tiefling's lips.

"It was all a big joke, you know. Munsu said that it was all a big...laugh."

Doren manages to gently pull the dagger from Teach's bloody chest, and he recognizes it instantly as a Cobra's Hood Dagger. Ceremonially, a Cobra's Hood Dagger is used by high-ranking members of assassin guilds like The Cloak. It is treated with a single dosage of incredibly potent poison, said to be distilled from the fangs of an ancient basilisk.

As Torath rushes to the door, he loses track of the assassin. However, he noticed an unusual insignia on the villain's cape: a dagger piercing the shape of a snake. In one of his lessons in the monastery, Torath was taught that this was the coat-of-arms Munsu used in life - the dagger represented Munsu himself, and the snake was a symbol of his slain brrother, Bayne.

[sblock=ooc]Let's have Baern and Thorn make at least one check each, and hopefully we'll have some more results![/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
Doren sighed softly... knowing that to Mansu this was all laughable.. his plans laid before him perfectly as the chaos and mayhem flowed freely..

"I know it is Teach.. and you are the star that will die at the curtain close of act one. Why though... if you knew it was all a joke why die for it? Who was the Cobra Assassin Teach? At least give me the pleasure of avenging a needless death no matter how disdained the people are with you. It is my right and my honor to avenge your death. Tell me who he is and let me carry this last gift to you out." Doren said knowing full well Teach even on deaths door would think he was a fool for wanting to do such a thing for him. Doren however felt it was only right.

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn whirls, but immediately loses track of the fleeing assassin in the panicking crowd!

"I lost him!" she barks. "Did anyone see which way he went? Anyone?!"

(Perception: 7...natural 1)
Roll Lookup

[sblock=Results]Thorn and Baern fail their rolls. Thus, we have 4 successes and 5 failures. End of skill challenge. You cannot track the assassin yourselves.[/sblock]

The assassin manages to elude Thorn, Baern, and Torath. As they return to Doren and Squeal, who kneel over the fallen pirate, they have an opportunity to hear his last words.

"It was him. It was the man himself. He must have taken on a mortal form. It was Munsu. He killed Hood. He killed...me. It was all just for laughs. Just a great big joke. Tell them to ask...Thomas...about the...phylactery."

With a sudden shudder, Teach muscles tighten. He goes briefly rigid, and then he falls in a heap. Captain Teach is dead.

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Bah!" Baern spits. He turns to the judge in a rage, inches from his face. "Well now yer knowin' it weren't none of us that done the killin!' Now bang yer damn gavel an' make it official so's we can get outta here an' find the truth of this mess!"

Judge Zephyr nods, obviously dazed from the events that have transpired here.

"Yes, yes. You're all acquitted. Just get to the bottom of it."

He takes a brief pause.

"Could it really...?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Munsu... in the flesh? A god made mortal? He was here?" dazed worse than the judge it takes a few of the others to lead Torath off to where his equipment is.

After getting fully dressed, everyone notices a change in the knights tone, "I am going to find out what game Munsu is playing and why. I don't know exactly where to start but Thomas home seems the first place to visit. Who is with me?"

Phaezen

First Post
Squeal looks at Torath "This one agrees. This one does not understand though, Thomas is dead, how can he be asked about a phylactery? What is a phylactery?"

Remove ads