• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E Thought Experiment

Korgoth

First Post
That's interesting, mkill.

I also just found a Goodman / Blackdirge PDF of the stats for some of the more well-known Cthulhu monsters in 4E (Critter Cache 6: Lovecraftian Bestiary). That is very interesting as well.

I suppose another option, going along with the Lovecraftian stuff would be to port over the rituals from the major grimoire of the Cthulhu Mythos. And essentially do it as 4E Swords & Shoggoths.

On Puget Sound

First Post
here's a recent ritual in play (Tenser's floating disk, cast by an illusion-based wizard)
Grigo reaches into his pack and pulls out a small glass lens, a candle with runes carved into the wax and some vials of colored powder. He lights the candle and wraps his sunrod in a cloth, plunging the room into near-darkness. He stares at the flame for a minute, then uncorks the vials.

He places the candle on the ground some distance from the wall and holds the lens in front of it, refracting the candlelight into a circle on the wall about six feet in diameter. Image made visible.

Holding the lens steady, he tosses some powder toward the glowing circle. The powder glows and begins to solidify, taking the shape of the circle. Image made tangible.

Grigo puts away the lens but the glowing circle remains, providing a dim orange light similar to the candle's. He walks over to the circle and carefully sprinkles the second powder over all parts of it. Each place the powder touches, the glow is extinguished, leaving a semitransparent disk that looks like it is made from a single piece of orange glass. As it becomes solid, it slides down the wall to take a position hovering slightly off the floor. Image made real.

The gnome steps back and looks at the disk. (Arcana: 16, 500 Lbs for 24 hours) Not the sturdiest disk I've ever made, but it should hold two humans or three elves, or most of my family. I think it will support Eithal's weight. It will float across the bridge without putting any weight on it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads