4th Edition and the Immortals Handbook

Rhuarc

Explorer
Well if you are planning on detailing 100+ new monsters for your campaign then you should consider releasing that as a pdf.

Well, this would get me in a small copyright problem, seeing as I got most of the monsters from pictures on the net. So unfortunately I don't think so :)

You have to be careful treading a fine line between a challenge and a grind.

Of course, was just an example how I would avoid the need to use a monster that is too high level.

One thing I have been considering is the solo HP multiplier:

Well, that's definitely an interesting idea.

Well I'll have super-solo monsters. I don't think you want to make massive differences to the power of monsters. Just make sure they have all the basics at maximum.

What "basics" could you max-out? Damage?

Well I have Orcus out there, I am planning another such monster in a week or less. ;)

Definitely looking forward to it. Will it be one that already exists as well?

Hey amigo! :)

Rhuarc said:
Well, this would get me in a small copyright problem, seeing as I got most of the monsters from pictures on the net. So unfortunately I don't think so :)

Well you don't need to publish them with pictures unless you were selling it for money.

Of course, was just an example how I would avoid the need to use a monster that is too high level.

Okay.

What "basics" could you max-out? Damage?

I go over most of the ideas in the Solo Monster Design article on my website.

Article: Solo Monster Design Eternity Publishing

Although be sure to read the comments section as well as the article, I think we work through a few issues.

Definitely looking forward to it. Will it be one that already exists as well?

Yes, no, maybe. I actually have three different monsters in varying states of completion for the website. It will just depend which one I get around to finishing.

eduar said:

Hiya mate! :)

Ascension 4e, for feedback as Path Finder

I don't think I have anywhere near enough material for a 4E Ascension release right now.

I probably have enough for a Vampire Bestiary Beta, although I was just thinking of letting 2-3 people see it rather than a wide beta release.

Hi everyone! :)

Something I discussed on the website has led to the following idea.

If I can't fathom the exact release date for the Vampire Bestiary within 2 weeks, I'll release the Cannibal and Cultist sections of the book seperately (before the end of June).

Cannibals (plus probably the Wendigo...which are linked) approx. 24 pages. Probably $3.50

Cultists (plus probably the Wights) approx. 32 pages. Probably $5.00

That should give me time to finish the remaining Vampires sections.

Vampire Bestiary approx. 80 pages (likely featuring a repeat of the 6 page Wendigo section). Probably $9.95

Complete Vampire Bestiary (Cannibals + Cultists + Vampires). 128 pages. Probably $13.95

Any thoughts on the above other than "just release something you procrastinating lunatic!"...?

Once the smaller pdfs were available I'd be happy to help with a 3.5 conversion.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Any thoughts on the above other than "just release something you procrastinating lunatic!"...?

Once the smaller pdfs were available I'd be happy to help with a 3.5 conversion.

My question is, what does "happy to help with a 3.5 conversion" mean, in terms of "help"? Also, how about Pathfinder rather than v.3.5?

Hey Alzrius matey! :)

Alzrius said:
My question is, what does "happy to help with a 3.5 conversion" mean, in terms of "help"?

I'd be happy to answer any questions or give any advice/suggestions on the specifics of how I'd convert the monsters in the book.

Also, how about Pathfinder rather than v.3.5?

Do you mean in terms of format as opposed to mechanics (which I'm assuming for monsters are near identical)?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Do you mean in terms of format as opposed to mechanics (which I'm assuming for monsters are near identical)?

No, I mean for mechanics (and format, but that's incidental to the question I'm asking). Pathfinder is an improvement over v.3.5 in pretty much every way, and where possible I think it'd be helpful to try and use that for any IH back-conversions (e.g. using Perception instead of Spot and Listen, giving them a CMB and CMD instead of a grapple bonus, etc).

Remove ads