D&D 5E 5E Books Through 2021 and the Road Ahead (2022 and Beyond)

The Dunamancy spells are largely weirder than Frost Fingers or even Create Magen. They haven't reprinted the spells from the Acq. Inc., Ravnica, and Wildemount books, and I'm guessing that this is because those books have their spells fairly closely tied with the products' identities.

I would love for this to happen, especially if they added more Dunamancy spells and more dunamancy subclasses (give me a Dunamancer Cleric or two! Luck/Karma-Shifter Rogues! Dunamis Sorcerers and Future-Self Warlocks! I want all of those!!!), but I don't think it's likely at all.

WotC does not own Wildemount, or the setting it is from, or any of the stuff specifically created for it. That is all owned by the Critical Role people and reprints or updates will come in their future books from their recently started publishing company. That is where the first book for Tal'Dorei is being updated and re-released.

I guess Hasbro may be very, very, very open-minded about crossovers. This means the D&D multiverse cosmology could be redesigned to can introduce famous characters from other franchises. Then "Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount" and "Acquisition Inc" could be tests to know the reaction of the fandom.

We shouldn't be too surprised if WotC publishes more sourcebooks about no-D&D franchises. If there are D&D boxes of Stranger Things and Rick & Morty, why not Legend of Zelda, for example?

I guess Hasbro may be very, very, very open-minded about crossovers. This means the D&D multiverse cosmology could be redesigned to can introduce famous characters from other franchises. Then "Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount" and "Acquisition Inc" could be tests to know the reaction of the fandom.

We shouldn't be too surprised if WotC publishes more sourcebooks about no-D&D franchises. If there are D&D boxes of Stranger Things and Rick & Morty, why not Legend of Zelda, for example?

The Universes Beyond of D&D.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Recalibrating the system for laser guns is one way to go (and the way I'd prefer), but not the only way. Several sci-fi settings for 5e such as Dark Matter from Mage Hand Press, just balance all that stuff against core 5e assumptions.

I swear I'm not a shill for MHP, it just happened to come up.💰
MHP is a top-tier homebrewer, no shame here.

It's not a new thing, we had crossovers with Conan, Lankhmar and Wonderland back in 1st edition.

Elric and Cthulhu too if you count the 1st edition 1st edition Deities and Demigods.

There is a good reason to publish those "crossovers", the fandom who love the merchandising of famous franchises but aren't role-players. And this helps to promote the power of the brand, then fandom is willing to buy other type of products, as toys.

Lovecraft and Conan are public domain now.

I dare to say WotC would wish to publish more TTRPGs based in no-fantasy franchises, not only Star Wars but famous videogames as Overwatch or Starcraft, and Fortnite: Save the World. Some videogame studios could agreee a partnership deal to rescue old titles to reintroduce those "brands".

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
So for anyone who wants more teases, your soonest bet is probably going to be this stream on August 24;

It's about Magic the Gathering, but if they're announcing their 2022 slate of products (and they usually do all of the card set titles at these) we will have some idea for candidates for future MTG/D&D crossover books in 2022.

Also, there's going to be a video on the upcoming Innistrad set in like an hour.

JEB

Legend
Unlike 1981, Cthulu is public domain now.
In the E.U., yes, as of 2008. In the U.S., not so clear. However:
a) It sounds like it's also unclear who would have the right to make an infringement claim on use of Cthulhu, and
b) All 1926 works (to include "The Call of Cthulhu") will be entering the public domain in the U.S. on January 1, 2022, so in five months the question will be moot.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases