• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5E Cheese

Halflings. They're not cheesy*, just...meh. I know a lot of D&D is ripped off from Tolkien, but I'd rather they chose the Wodwose.

Also, half-elves.

I'd like to run a game where the offspring of a human and an elf is a Halfling. At least the name would make sense, then. And the whole Lucky thing could be put down to residual elven magic traces.

*maybe their feet

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
While I don't want anyone to throw rocks at anyone else's fantasy*, I don't think it's difficult to state, objectively and non-judgmentally, that some stories are cheesier than others.

There are exactly two DVD cases on my desk right now. They are The Middleman: The Complete Series and Flash Gordon: Saviour of the Universe Edition. I love them both to death. They are both total and comprehensive cheese.

*Unless they're into that.
I find there to be an entirely different meaning of "cheese" going on where it applies to those DVDs that this thread is using.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
I think laser monks qualify under the same meaning of cheese.
That's fine.

You and I can both go right ahead and think that thing 1 and thing 2 are both "cheesy" with the connotation that cheesy = a positive quality because cheese is delicious and goes well with just about everything.

...but if someone else decides to express that thing 1, thing 2, or borth are "cheesy" with the connotation that cheesy = a negative quality... well, that's when there is a problem, and that is how the thread seemed to be starting out.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Are they? Or is that just more Tolkien propganda hammered in by thirty years of Legolas clones?

Helsinki isn't just a city in Finland. It's a syndrome, too. Which causes people to think that elves should be archers.

I thought Helsinki was where the Devil washes his dishes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads