(5E) D&D/Moorcock Multiverse Inspiration PBP

JharyOConnah

Explorer
[TD]OOC: [/TD]
[TD] Short rest is useless. Eovin should have 2nd level spells by now but she hasn't had a long rest with which to switch out her spells since day one of the game.[/TD]
(There was a long rest outside the castle before you started fighting your way up. That being said, this is a slow play by post game and I want it to be fun. I'm going to let you take a long rest here if you want. Decide as a group. It doesn't make a lot of narrative sense, but I'd rather everyone stick with it and have fun. This next battle would be the BBEG and then the castle is yours! 🏰)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: Selythin Initiative: 19

FYI, I'm neutral to taking a long rest. If we take a short one, Selythin will not use lay on hands on himself and will rather use HD. With a long rest, both these are unnecessary. I understand that it will be more fun to have all spell slots for the final fight, but it is one of the drawbacks of the casters with slots that don't refresh on short rests: I don't think we should plan on taking long rests before every final fights, but in this case, I don't mind either way. One thing though is that I have been saving Selythin's non-warlock slots exactly for this, so if long rests are more available than normal, then I will be using them more often.

Another alternative that I believe is an option in the DMG is to agree that non-warlock caster slots refresh on short rests, and warlock slots refresh after a combat (i.e. non-warlock slots refresh after 1h, warlock slots after 1 minute). I think this will keep things consistent and will likely be tons of fun for all ;-) The world is in turmoil after all, so perhaps magic is more available, or perhaps gods are watching our characters, who knows!

Selythin nods at Alan's resolve. Indeed, he r she is a worthy companion. With his sword drawn, Selythin walks next to the warrior, ready for a fight.

OOC: If you read this whole thread we've gained 2 levels and only had one long rest. That's what I'm talking about. Eovin has never had a 2nd level spell or spell slot because of lack of long rests.

EDIT: Apparently there was a long rest before we entered the tower a year ago. I missed it somehow. I've update Eovin's prepared spell list so she now has access to her 2nd level spells.

Last edited:

Eovin
HP: 21/21; AC: 15; Passive Per/Ins: 13/10; Spells: 2/4, 2/2

"I'm ready when you are," she says as she follows Alan and Selythin at ceiling height toward the master bedroom.

JharyOConnah

Explorer
EDIT: Apparently there was a long rest before we entered the tower a year ago. I missed it somehow. I've update Eovin's prepared spell list so she now has access to her 2nd level spells

(Glad you got your spells. I'm still happy for you guys to take a long rest. No biggie. Also, didn't see in initiative for Eovin. If you wanna roll, go for it. Otherwise the order is Selythin, Alan, Eovin. Doesn't matter a lot when you're only fighting a couple or few monsters.)

Everyone checked their gear, looking to one another at the ready. Swords in hand the trio of heroes walked down the hallway toward the big double doors.

They could still hear cackling on the other side of the closed doors. On the other side of the doors they knew more violence awaited.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Selythin's black sword is drawn and his shield is ready. before pushing the door open, he focuses inwardly, and feels out the presence of evil. He'll relate whatever he perceives to his companions. Once done, he nods at them and asks "Ready?" One they nod back, he'll open the door.

OOC: use: Divine Sense As an action, you can open your awareness. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover
4/5 uses left (per long rest)

JharyOConnah

Explorer
(Please take your turns when you can cause it's PBP and slow, but the initiative order is Eovin, Selythin, Alan. Usually doesn't matter when you all go together.)

As the trio got close to the wide double doors they paused. Selythin stood ready, but focused inwardly. He felt the presence of two more fiends on the other side of the doors.

The cackling paused. "Who is it? Come in!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases