[5e DnD] Runeseeker Class (arcane half-caster)

Donpoohbear

First Post
great class i love the design but i feel that the soul secretes need a buff like maybe they get to apply extra runes or maybe they can have 2 runic items

Ezel

First Post
Soul Secrets are actually a little bit too strong at the moment because their level 15 feature is overpowered and needs a little nerf, but I didn't have time to change it.

Applying extra runes means being able to get to a legendary weapon faster and to break the bounded accuracy that is so important in 5th edition, so absolutely not.
Having 2 runic items is something that was allowed to all runeseekers previously but that I decided to change exactly to avoid having soul runeseekers with two talking NPCs, which is very annoying to keep. Either the DM or the player need to account for the existance of a talking NPC the whole time and it's more work than it seems, especially when there's two attached to one player.
If you really want to buff them just enhance the current features, use a larger AoE for example. But I wouldn't do that, it's already dangerously strong.

Donpoohbear

First Post
for 2 runic items i guess iwas more so thinking of armor but non sentient or a trinket as its not your favorite item but you still enhanced it with runes.

Ezel

First Post
That is actually a good idea considering that it's an artisan archetype. The main problem is that for the armor to get power ups I would need to either create an entire list of enchanting runes just for an archetype, or I would need to make the armor enchanting very bland, giving just a +1 to AC at every stage, and at that point you might as well want another magic armor instead of the one you enchanted. If after removing the level 15 feature it will feel like it's underpowered, I might consider adding armor enchanting, but with great caution.

Ezel

First Post
Well that's up to your DM according to the magic item crafting variant in the Dungeon Master's Guide. You have to find recipes with which you can craft magic items spending a lot of money and a lot of time. I think that variant works really well with the runeseeker. I should actually add this detail to the pdf.

Donpoohbear

First Post
yeah thats a good idea maybe being able to find runes and runestones putting them together to make enchanments taking alot of time and rare materials/money

Remove ads