D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
I have added the primal elementals (air, earth, fire, & water) to the Elementals section. This finishes up the current roster of epic elementals. I may add more elemental lords (princes and such) in the future, but this is it for now.

dave2008

Legend
I have updated the compiled PDF for those that are interested. I am going to try to update the PDF monthly until I get the first draft of these monsters completed.

Balfore

Explorer
I have added the Anaxim to the Constructs section. Just the Umbral Blot to go and I will be finished with the drafts of the epic constructs ( for now at least).
What are these monsters? And where can I find them :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dave2008

Legend
What are these monsters? And where can I find them :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The Umbral Blot (AKA the Blackball) dates back to D&D BECMI at least and it was updated in 3e and I believe 2e. It is basically a 5' diameter semi-sentient blackhole that disintegrates anything it touches. It can be found on the DM's Guide to Immortals (the I in BECMI) and the 3e Epic Level Handbook. My 5e update can be found on the 2nd page of this thread under the "Constructs" tab or in the PDF linked to in the OP.

The Anaxim is a construct from the 3e Epic Level Handbook. It a discarded construct / war machine, think in iron golem with built-in weapons and more agile. My 5e update can be found on the 2nd page of this thread under the "Constructs" tab or in the PDF linked to in the OP.

Last edited:

alicommagali

First Post
Hey dave2008! Thanks for putting together this document. Currently running an epic-level campaign and needed to show off the power of some high-level threats! I know you have a lot of statblocks left to do, but if you wouldn't mind adding Iggwilv the Witch Queen to your list, I'd love to see your interpretation!

I did have one question. It looks like the "Epic Bonus" is added to the stat modifiers for each creature, so a +3 epic creature would have a S12(+4) instead of S12(+1). However, it seems like their attack damage is also increased by the epic bonus, so that same creature's fist attack would have a +7 base damage modifier. Is that correct? Is the Epic bonus supposed to be double-counted that way?

Obviously if that's how you designed the system, all is well, but since I can't find where it is stated in the thread, I wanted to ask.

Again, great post!

dave2008

Legend
Hey dave2008! Thanks for putting together this document. Currently running an epic-level campaign and needed to show off the power of some high-level threats! I know you have a lot of statblocks left to do, but if you wouldn't mind adding Iggwilv the Witch Queen to your list, I'd love to see your interpretation!

I did have one question. It looks like the "Epic Bonus" is added to the stat modifiers for each creature, so a +3 epic creature would have a S12(+4) instead of S12(+1). However, it seems like their attack damage is also increased by the epic bonus, so that same creature's fist attack would have a +7 base damage modifier. Is that correct? Is the Epic bonus supposed to be double-counted that way?

Obviously if that's how you designed the system, all is well, but since I can't find where it is stated in the thread, I wanted to ask.

Again, great post!

First the epic bonus. Yes, it should be counted double for damage (this a nod to how it used to be done in 1e and a method to help increase damage to acceptable levels). It should be explained in one of the pull downs of the OP.

Sure I could add Iggwilv (I'm a big fan of her Demonomicon;), but I don't know much about her. Can you point me in the direction of any reference material? Has she been stated in previous versions? Anything would be helpful.

Remove ads