D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
I have updated Asmodeus, the Overlord of Hell, in the Arch-Devils section. I think I am going to do a Pit Fiend update and then leave devils alone for a while.

dave2008

Legend
I don't really have experience with high level 5E, but the Pit Fiend looks like it will be stomped in no time. I'd love to see your take on it.

I've posted an updated pit fiend in the Dukes-of-Hell section. To be honest I didn't change to much, as I think it is one of the better high CR monsters (much better than the balor IMO). It was mostly a few tweaks that made it more deadly / interesting to me. Let me know what you think.

dave2008

Legend
After updating the pit fiend (Dukes-of-Hell section) I decided to update its demonic counterpart the balor (Demon Lords section). I upped the Balor to CR 20 like the pit fiend, but tried to make it feel more brutish as befits a demon in my mind.

dave2008

Legend
I like it. But, you don't think Pit Fiends (and Balors) should have a couple of legendary actions?

They definitely could. I gave them each a bonus action and reaction instead. I'm trying to find ways to make interesting and engaging monsters without always having to resort to legendary actions. It is still a work in progress :)

Although, I have been thinking about a reduced legendary actions where there is only one or two actions. That might work well for higher CR demons and devils. Of the two, I think the Pit Fiend is a better fit as I see them as the more versatile fighter compared to the brutish balor. I will give the Pit Fiend another spin when I get a minute.

They definitely could. I gave them each a bonus action and reaction instead. I'm trying to find ways to make interesting and engaging monsters without always having to resort to legendary actions. It is still a work in progress :)

Although, I have been thinking about a reduced legendary actions where there is only one or two actions. That might work well for higher CR demons and devils. Of the two, I think the Pit Fiend is a better fit as I see them as the more versatile fighter compared to the brutish balor. I will give the Pit Fiend another spin when I get a minute.

I was actually thinking just that when I said a couple of legendary actions :). Also, I think the pit fiend is most fitting as well.

dave2008

Legend
I have added Bharrai and Kaharash to the Companions category in the Celestials section. Thank you [MENTION=6801226]MechaTarrasque[/MENTION] for your contribution!

dave2008

Legend
Quick question for those who care: I've been wondering whether or not I should stat prismatic and force dragons, the typical "epic" dragons.

Personally I don't typically use any dragons except the original 5 chromatic and metallic (though 4e partial sold me on the additional chromatic and metallic breeds); however, if people are interested in them I will add them.

Faenor

Explorer
For me, I don't need more neutral or good anything. I'd rather see more epic, bad guy minions. Medium or large size, so I don't need an absurd space for the combats.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases