D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

hawkeyefan

Legend
It would be easy enough to drop her CR down. The big ones are the boon of recovery and the shield spell. The Witch Queen as shield as an at-will spell so she essentially always has a +5 to AC. If you keep her AC at 24 (swap out the shield spell for another spell) and remove the boon of recovery (which I factored into her effective HP) then I think she is CR 20-21. If you then drop meteor swarm, she is down around CR 17-18 I think.

Thanks...she's a bit off as far as an actual opponent for them, at this point, so I think which one I use will depend on when and how they face her, and how the campaign goes. I'll keep those adjustments in mind if I think they are needed.

Balfore

Explorer
Hey Dave2008... are there any Fiends that would do well for the 4 Horsemen?
I know there's a homebrew out there on Tumblr, was curious if you had any ideas on the matter...
Also, when you rearrange the thread, where can I find your progress as you work thru these awesome builds?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dave2008

Legend
Hey Dave2008... are there any Fiends that would do well for the 4 Horsemen?
I know there's a homebrew out there on Tumblr, was curious if you had any ideas on the matter...
Also, when you rearrange the thread, where can I find your progress as you work thru these awesome builds?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Regarding the re-organization: The progress is listed in the OP. There is a table of contents at the bottom of post #1. Anything that is complete is in bold red text

Eventually I want to add hyperlinks to the table of contents, but I don't have time to do that at the moment.

I've seen a couple of homebrew attempts at the 4-horseman, and I have thought about including them, but that is as far as I've gotten. Unfortunately they are not high on my list at the moment and I have so much to do!

P.S. I will update the PDF download every month. As of right now it has everything except Iggwilv.

Quick question for you, dave2008. I plan on using this system, supplemented by what you have done of your Epic Character Options (with a few modifications) in an upcoming epic level campaign. The work you have done so far is absolutely amazing, but I'm confused on how one would go about attempting to figure out what creatures or what CR to face the party up against. Is there an easy way to figure this out that I haven't seen?

My apologies in advance if this question has already been answered somewhere and I just haven't seen it or figured it out. Thank you in advance, as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dave2008

Legend
Quick question for you, dave2008. I plan on using this system, supplemented by what you have done of your Epic Character Options (with a few modifications) in an upcoming epic level campaign. The work you have done so far is absolutely amazing, but I'm confused on how one would go about attempting to figure out what creatures or what CR to face the party up against. Is there an easy way to figure this out that I haven't seen?

My apologies in advance if this question has already been answered somewhere and I just haven't seen it or figured it out. Thank you in advance, as well.

Unfortunately there is not currently an easy answer. I consider all of these monsters rough drafts and the Epic Character options even more so. I do hope to craft some encounter building guidelines, but that will not really be possible until after the 1st drafts are complete. Unless I win the lottery or something that project is a long way down the road.

That being said, at the time I started this I did have a goal in mind (it has changed and will be different in the 2nd drafts). The concept was to convert epic characters to CR. So epic characters progress in CR not level after 20. So you would simply look at the table and add up the XP for all the PC's CR and that is your encounter budget for a "medium" encounter (don't forget the use the encounter multipliers).

Sorry I don't have anything more concrete - yet. You really have to do it old school and just try it and see what works.

That being said, at the time I started this I did have a goal in mind (it has changed and will be different in the 2nd drafts). The concept was to convert epic characters to CR. So epic characters progress in CR not level after 20. So you would simply look at the table and add up the XP for all the PC's CR and that is your encounter budget for a "medium" encounter (don't forget the use the encounter multipliers).

Fair enough. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

dave2008

Legend
I have added Bahamut, dragon and old man forms, to the greater gods section. This is probably my last epic update of the month as I am trying to get some other work finished up. However, if not before, I will be back in February!

Kaleton

Villager
Do you have a timeline/list of when some of the currently not posted epic threats will be put up? I know they're probably done in order of your interested in them, but I was hoping that maybe some of they fey will get to appear? They're a pretty neglected type of enemy in D&D imo, but I've got some players that want to run Archfey Warlocks, and I thought it'd be cool to have Titania and the Queen of Air and Darkness' stat blocks on hand for that campaign.

Remove ads