• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

Blacklight85

First Post
A little detour with an update to the avatar of Tiamat to the Lesser Gods section. As @Blacklight85 has been helping me update the dragons he/she graciously updated the avatar of Tiamat as well to align with the recent wyrm updates. However, this resulted in a seriously OP avatar of Tiamat. Thus, I embarked on a complete redesign of Tiamat's avatar. After much work I was able to get her down to CR 31, but not quite to CR 30. I also couldn't get her down to 1 page :(

After the great wyrms are complete I am going to update Tiamat in all her glory - and she will be terrifying!

Mate the update's amazing. You managed to clean the new trait and her breath attacks which at first I didn't know how to tackle. Good job

dave2008

Legend
I have added the god of undeath, Thasmudyan to the lesser gods section.

Up Next:

3) Thasmudyan
4) Bane
5) Kurtukmak
6) Hruggek
7) Kozilek
8) Emrakul
9) Sehanine
10) Torog
11) Maglubiyet
12) Rillifane Rallathil

ATroper

First Post
Do you know what you'll be doing after these dozen, by the way? I'm dying for an update on the Empyrean, which has been a favorite of mine from the 5E MM, and you said it needed updating a while ago. But I know there's a whole bunch of other sections that are incomplete or don't even have anything in them yet, and they probably have your attention more.

I had the notion of the Empyrean being able to switch the element of its Divine Resistance and the alternate element of its Bolt attack as a bonus action or a reaction, but I don't really know anything about balancing monsters and just sort of came up with that idea. >.>

Blacklight85

First Post
Do you know what you'll be doing after these dozen, by the way? I'm dying for an update on the Empyrean, which has been a favorite of mine from the 5E MM, and you said it needed updating a while ago. But I know there's a whole bunch of other sections that are incomplete or don't even have anything in them yet, and they probably have your attention more.

I had the notion of the Empyrean being able to switch the element of its Divine Resistance and the alternate element of its Bolt attack as a bonus action or a reaction, but I don't really know anything about balancing monsters and just sort of came up with that idea. >.>

I don't mind updating the Empyrean but I'll have to ask Dave about it.

ATroper

First Post
I wouldn't mind helping there, if that's allowed. If I want to make my own monsters following the table guide, I would like get some practice in if I can. ^_^

Rubies

First Post
Hey Dave, I have some stat blocks that you might or might not want, I have made stat blocks for morgan le fay, merlin, and King Arthur. if you want them I can DM you.

Blacklight85

First Post
I wouldn't mind helping there, if that's allowed. If I want to make my own monsters following the table guide, I would like get some practice in if I can. ^_^

Mate just ask Dave. Dave can get all the help he needs. After all he has like, *counting* 100 more statblocks to go through and other statblocks that need refreshing. But of course everything you create will have to go through his editing since Dave is more in tune with his table.

dave2008

Legend

I don't have plans to revise the Empyrean until I start the 2nd drafts - so after all the rest of the epic monsters are completed. However, if [MENTION=6902983]Blacklight85[/MENTION] once to take a crack, it would post it.

dave2008

Legend

I would love the help. PM me your email address and I wills send you the latest and greatest files. PS, let me know what you want to do and I can send you whatever research I might have.

Remove ads