• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy

tglassy

Adventurer
He looks like he belongs more in the backstreets of a city Mim grew up in, rather than the middle of the woods, but Mim can't detect any ill intent from the man.

Jordy speaks up, "The priest offered us shelter for the night, and this food for our journey. But during the night, he went out into the woods and...disagreed with something that ate him."
He gestures to the group, "We tracked it down and killed it, at the cost of one of our own."

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar gives this guy a once over. Looking him up and down nerviously.
OOC: insight [roll0]

Staying silent and keeping his distance, worried that this man might suddenly explode into some giant red blob covered in mouths and screaming at him.

tglassy

Adventurer
At Jordy's words, the smile fades from the man's face.

"Bloody hell, you mean the old man's dead?" He seemed genuinely crestfallen. "I was a...I guess you'd call us business partners, of a sort. He'd sell me these little jars of golden liquid. I've got some buyers who pay real good for the stuff. I don't suppose he gave you any before he...before he left? If he's gone, they'd be the last. I'll pay ya 300 gp for each vial."

Greenmtn

Explorer
"Are you from the Temple at the Academy?" Zivar asks, gaining comfort in the idea that this man seems to have been someone that is here on business.

OOC: Before we leave Zivar is going to try to find the priests notes about the plants but not until after this stranger leaves.

tglassy

Adventurer
"Ah...no..." the man said. "I'm not from the Academy. I'm not from anything, actually. Just a man tryin' to make a living."

OOC: I would assume money is good everywhere. But yes, you'll be able to buy stuff.

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Well gold is no good if they trade in seashells and soiled undergarments!

Mim steps forward and hands the man his vial, wishing he scoured the remains for others.
Mim smiles as he hands it over making the sound of gold clinking together again and again.

"We should move while we have the light"

tglassy

Adventurer
The man takes your vial and hands you a pouch. Cursory glance says it's around 300 gp.

"Any other takers? "

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads