[5E] [OOC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Closed)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Alternatively he could be delivering to Bit and then moving on to investigate why trade has slowed to a halt further in land up the river if that's easier to write in?

Welcome to pbp, I too am newish. And that hook will probably work best. No trade making it to port will make a dwarf wish to investigate.

Question - Are you taking the Ship's Passage as your background trait? I think it would be very helpful in later adventures shoudl we wish to travel.

And again welcome.

Zadolix

First Post
Welcome to pbp, I too am newish. And that hook will probably work best. No trade making it to port will make a dwarf wish to investigate.

Question - Are you taking the Ship's Passage as your background trait? I think it would be very helpful in later adventures shoudl we wish to travel.

And again welcome.

Okay I'll work with that angle then. Oh yes I'd definitely be taking ships passage, leveraging his business contacts and business reputation as a well established exporter. The family business would mainly deal with the Dwarven exports but also take on contracts for shipping any businesses goods with protection for a price.

Alternatively he could be delivering to Bit and then moving on to investigate why trade has slowed to a halt further in land up the river if that's easier to write in?

Sorry, no trade has noticeably stopped. This phenomenon is only a couple days old. The reason no one is investigating is because most folk in the region have spent the last few days traveling to Bit for the festival. Also, remember Bit is not really a big city. It hold 8000 people normal, 20000 during the festival. Bit is like an 1830s version of Kansas City: just west enough to help serve the western settlers and just east enough to still be "civilization".

Zadolix

First Post
Okay, perhaps stick with the idea of visiting and trying to establish more business contacts in Bit. And then perhaps hearing of this local phenomenon while docked in town during the festival. Do these ideas sound okay to you? If so I can commit to them and do a write up.

Hopefully later I'll be able to do a full read up of the IC thread to see what has gone on too.

I have a thought. You could be from the Leed's Crossing area and you could meet the group on the road. This might impact what equipment you are carrying as you would "know" what wrong in Leed's Crossing. Or if you prefer a less dramatic entry, just pick another PC whom you know and if they said "we're going to look into trouble up in Leed's Crossing" you would naturally respond, "you want my help?"

Okay, perhaps stick with the idea of visiting and trying to establish more business contacts in Bit. And then perhaps hearing of this local phenomenon while docked in town during the festival. Do these ideas sound okay to you? If so I can commit to them and do a write up.
I don't want you to be on a boat. The rumor point is that no boats have made it down river at all. Have you looked at the various maps in the IC thread? River traffic into Bit has to pass Leed's Crossing. Frankly, boat traffic on the river is rare as the river is rather swift outside of the city and there's a fall just past Leed's Crossing that makes it inconvenient to trade by boat on the river. This is why seeing a whole town of folk arrive in Bit by boat is "an event". But people forget all the loading of boats on wagons and hauling the boats back home after the festival.

Hopefully later I'll be able to do a full read up of the IC thread to see what has gone on too.
There's not much in the IC but the PC meeting one another and corralling a bear. But sure, you can read it.

Zadolix

First Post
I was thinking of having just arrived in Bit at the Wharf in Ship Bottom so that I'm actually on land. My initial idea was having sailed from the Koarshale mines with goods and delivered them to Bit just as the festival is about it hit. Then I stay in town a while to see what's going on, catch wind of the rumors and then bump into another PC.

I think I'll meet the party on the road then just to keep it simple for now :)

Last edited:

Remove ads