[5E] [OOC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Closed)

Will do. But are you talking about meeting his adoptive family who came in to enjoy the festival? Or his real mother who threw him away - (that will not be a nice meeting).

Oh, the adopted family, certainly. You would have to seek out your mother to find her. Perhaps your adopted family gives you a hint to her location (that they never told you before). You can write reactions for your family members if you want.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Veit Ironfist is the best fit for that background. Check him out in the RG if you like. I like the Ten Swords.

You split up with Veit when you arrived in Bit so you could seek out your family at the inn they usually stay at during the festival. Veit said he would catch up with you there later. I'll work out how Veit trades places with you. You can write up about seeing your family again after being away for a while in the IC if you like. And then I'll tie it together with Everett and Perin heading out of town.

Veit will do great. He could have tracked down the quartermaster while Keth was in jail, using his bounty hunter abilities. FIts very nice indeed. Will finish up the background and post in the IC (meeting folks) unless you need me to wait.

Matthan

Explorer
I think that's what I'm going to do on this occasion. I misjudged my time. Hopefully, I didn't deter any others from jumping in.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
I'm interested if there is still room. I've had 2 PbPs fall apart on me, so I know your pain, but I've never dropped out, and I always alert folks if I'm going to be unavailable for a bit. I limit myself to one active PbP at a time. It will be tomorrow afternoon before I can put a character together. I'm thinking either a Dragonborn paladin or an elven fighter aiming at arcane archer. (Assuming I won't step on Perrin's toes). But I'm pretty flexible. If you object to Dragonborn, for example, or think another class/role would fill things out better, I'm open to suggestions.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina's basic info is below. I do have some questions to fill out her backstory: Could she have gotten weapon training at the Church? Her background is acolyte, so I have her serving in the Church in Bit, but decideing to follow the way of the warrior/paladin. Would she have needed to leave Bit for that training? I'm also not sure who her contact/relationship should be with. Having read the IC Thread, i can say she's not likely to have much patience with Everett's seemingly thoughtless comments. Religiously, she is most drawn to Essembri which would give her a connection with Keth.

[sblock=Delmirev Surina-stats]
Silver Dragonborn Paladin 1

HP: 12
AC: 18 (Chain +shield)
PP: 10

Str: 16 (+3)
Dex: 10 (0)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 10 (0)
Wis: 10 (0)
Cha: 16 (+3)

Proficiencies
Wis save (+2); Char Save (+5)
Insight (+2); Medicine (+2); Persuasion (+5); Religion (+2)

Weapons/attacks
Javelin (+5 to hit; 1d6+3 dmg)
Longsword (+5 to hit; 1d8+3)
Breath Weapon: 15ft cone 2d6 cold damage DC 14 Con save for half damage (1/short rest)

[/sblock]

I used standard starting equipment, then I saw average gold + 5 in the notes; does starting equipment and gold work or should I redo?

I'm not sure how much detail on features, etc. you want here; I built her on DnD Beyond (DDB) and intend to use DDB as the "sheet" I keep current. But I can provide everything here, too, if you want me to. (If you have a DDB account and want to set up a "campaign" there so you can see my sheet, that's o.k. with me.)

[sblock=Surina's Backstory]
Surina grew up in her family's home in the Commons. Her parents were makers of wine and cider, supplying the needs of several of the modest taverns and food stalls in town. While her parents were fair and principled in their business, Surina learned early that not everyone was: she saw the poverty and danger of parts of the Commons and the Dinge.
She watched with envy and a sense of misgiving as the wealthier families in town often did as they pleased, sometimes cheating more modest but honest merchatns. Devout even as a child, when Surina was old enough, she became an acolyte at the Church. She thought in doing so that she could become a force for good and for justice, but she found herself feeling confined and stifled. Physical pursuits came easier than studying theology. She began to understand that she could fight for justice best if she learned to actually fight, and so trained as a warrior, committed to defending the underdog, and standing up for what is right. [/sblock]

I don't do DDB so export the character as well as you can and post it to the RG thread (link in first post). Keep it relatively up to date with stuff like inventory, spells, etc. You can certainly know Keth. You heard his family was in town and were visiting when Veit, Perrin, and Everett arrived. Thus, you can hop on board immediately, right now in the IC. Having overheard Keth, Veit, and Everett, she could decide to join them since she was curious about the issue with Leed's Crossing and perhaps one of the other priests in the local temple mentioned someone should go check that out.

Standard starting equipment is fine, and you can have the spare 5 gold, too. Religion: Bit could have helped you train as a paladin. Or you could have been trained in Cade-Crable (a much larger city). Up to you. The summer festival in Bit is a reason for lots of people to flock to smallish Bit.

Remove ads