• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[5E] [OOC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Closed)

Thateous

Explorer
It's the multiple characters that take up time. Especially if you summon an army of critters and have then on multiple fronts and what not. Single characters aren't bad unless you just don't know your character or are very inattentive and need a recap everytime it's your turn. I had a drow spider druid who summoned lots of spiders, it can be tedious even if you're a fast play with your stuff together.

TallIan

Explorer
Personally, I don't get the "hogging play time" issue. I never heard anyone complain "that fighter with 4 attacks per round takes up too much time compared to my wizard who does 12d8 damage a round."

IMX its very player dependent - I have played with some VERY indecisive people - but the fighter making 4 attacks usually makes them at the same target, or has a very limited range of targets to choose from. He still has only one move, etc. But the problem get worse the more things you have to control.

I am playing a wizard through OotA atm and I find that even just having a Flaming Sphere up and a familiar can sometimes cause an issue, albeit a very small one, in terms of moving/attacking with the sphere and the AoE it has. I usually don't use the familiar in combat, partially because he has only 1HP and partially because I have enough to do anyway.

The give some of those summoned spiders to the other players to do the die rolling.

This can certainly help if you are summoning multiple minions

Zadolix

First Post
Sorry for my delay guys, I've posted. Btw can anyone link me to the post with instructions how to die roll in this forum? I think I might do that instead of using coyote, coyote is out to get me, seriously ;)

[ roll ]1d20+4[ /roll ] with no spaces will produce [roll0] There are no 4d6.High(3) or 2d20.Low(1) features AT ALL. in the ENWorld die roller. (There are supposed to be. But they are broken.)

Unlike most BBCode, you cannot do [ roll="Initiative" ]. It just fails.

You can only roll in your first post save. You cannot go advanced and expect roll to work. If you edit the post after saving, you will see [ roll0 ]... [ roll1 ] in your post. Do not mess with them.

Zadolix

First Post
Wow apologies guys, I have only just received a couple of emails for notifications for new replies in the IC thread. I had no idea. Is this normal to not get emails for each reply?

But I am still alive and kicking, I haven't gone anywhere and am still very much into this campaign, promise!

Remove ads