[5E] [OOC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Closed)

SunGold

First Post
So as wildly underpowered as it would be, I've tilted toward a forest gnome warlock rather than a half-elf.

Comes from the Groaning Forest. Was never as clever as her fellow gnomes (flat 10 int after racial adjustments), so she made a pact with some fey entity in the forest to try and gain powers that way. Was not literally cast out, but it only led to further social ostracization, so she gave up and left to seek her fortune, and a sense of belonging, elsewhere. Port town like Bit seemed as good a place as any to start anew.

SunGold

First Post
I did, and it has me rethinking my entire character, because I'm digging the city of Ys.

I'll figure it out by the end of the weekend.

I thought so, but the ranger often seems to be an exception, so I thought I'd ask. I'll still play him either way.
As long as you are going Beast Conclave, I approve the alternate Ranger class found in UA_RevisedRanger.PDF. (I haven't really read the other conclaves so that's why the caveat for the Beast Conclave.)

Okay, so we have
  • a Male Wolf-riding Ranger Halfling (TallIan)
  • A Female Forest Gnome Fey-Warlock (SunGold)
  • A Conjurer of unknown race (Thateos)
  • A Dwarf Barbarian (eayess33)
  • A Human something (Chairwoman Gene)
Half martial, half arcane. CWG can break the deadlock or go an entirely different direction. :)

That's 5 so let's start seeing some character sheets.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Currently torn between "Ox" a great beefy mountain of a man who has a tremendous reputation for bravery and goodness(defender style human fighter poss cavalier), and Valeris, teller of tales and righter of wrongs(half-elf bard probably swords)

TallIan

Explorer
From a party point of view, I think Valeris would be more useful. Ox offers some redundancy with the barbarian and ranger (even if he is DEX based).

As always, though, play what interests you, the party can make either work.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

TallIan

Explorer
As long as you are going Beast Conclave, I approve the alternate Ranger class found in UA_RevisedRanger.PDF. (I haven't really read the other conclaves so that's why the caveat for the Beast Conclave.)

Coolio, I haven't looked that closely at the other conclaves either. I don't think they dropped the ball quite so hard with the PHB versions.

Hopefully the game lasts long enough for it to make a difference.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Remove ads