D&D 5E [5e] QL's Al-Qadim Game

Quickleaf

Legend
OK [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION] [MENTION=20005]Matthan[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=23]Ancalagon[/MENTION] do you feel complete at Hakim Oasis? Is there anything further you want to explore/accomplish that night or the following morning?

If not, I'll propose that I frame a scene with you camping overnight at the oasis (including Vizier Akilah [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION] disclosing what she learned in conversation with the "Water-Bearer") and then setting forth into the hostile Badu al-Kabir in the morning, to face what awaits you there.

I suspect there will be an orienteering decision about whether to approach Khaldun (the oasis of "wicked" jann that the lone jann Usqual al-Shakari warned you of) or to search the windswept Badu al-Kabir on your own for traces of the Brotherhood of True Flame.

When you sound off, maybe give me an idea of which direction your PC wants to head in?

Thateous

Explorer
Well now that it's in the forefront of my mind I've been wanting to tell them about the buried state of the temple and have them get their henchmen on the task of starting the excavation while we're out gallivanting and living lavishly, sipping palm wine while meeting dignitaries and rubbing elbows with immortals... I think I've been wanting to say this since we deciphered the book, but it kept slipping my mind come post time. It was my goal as I excited the cave and headed back to camp.

Matthan

Explorer
It's been a bit so I don't remember much about the evil jann. Is that the one who stole the waters? I think Husam would want to keep pursuing the Brotherhood/raiders. Was there any indication of connection between the evil jann and the raiders? Regardless, he would follow the vizier's lead.

Quickleaf

Legend
It's been a bit so I don't remember much about the evil jann. Is that the one who stole the waters? I think Husam would want to keep pursuing the Brotherhood/raiders. Was there any indication of connection between the evil jann and the raiders? Regardless, he would follow the vizier's lead.

Yeah, I think there was a bit that may have been glossed over...

I was hinting in the conversation you had with Usqual al-Shakari that his side of the jann vs. jann tribal conflict – the anti-civilization Shakaris – lost a relatively recent battle against the jann of Khaldun oasis – the Khaldunis who seem to have very unusual magic and once dwelled in Qaybar/Ubar (mythical city of the jann).

I also eluded to his Sheikh, Ja'afar al-Din al-Shakari, having made a temporary alliance with robed outsider mages who didn't come through in the fight like the Shakari were counting. This was the fight in which the jann Sheikh Ja'afar al-Din al-Shakari was taken captive.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, I think there was a bit that may have been glossed over...

I was hinting in the conversation you had with Usqual al-Shakari that his side of the jann vs. jann tribal conflict – the anti-civilization Shakaris – lost a relatively recent battle against the jann of Khaldun oasis – the Khaldunis who seem to have very unusual magic and once dwelled in Qaybar/Ubar (mythical city of the jann).

I also eluded to his Sheikh, Ja'afar al-Din al-Shakari, having made a temporary alliance with robed outsider mages who didn't come through in the fight like the Shakari were counting. This was the fight in which the jann Sheikh Ja'afar al-Din al-Shakari was taken captive.

Hope that helps.

Excellent glad to see you back. It will be no surprise that Salahuddin wants to follow the Jann's lead. I'll need to review the last couple of pages of the IC thread since I don't think I caught some of the glossed over parts.

Remove ads