• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

5E Summoner Class, First Pass

RhaezDaevan

Explorer
A CR 7 creature with your proficiency bonus added to everything seems way overpowered. The lower level abilities seem fine, but I wouldn't go past Large or CR 2.

Instead, maybe give the ability to cast spells around your eidolon (they're never a target unless you want them to be) and another ability to cast spells through your eidolon (essentially the eidolon casts the spell for you. Good for casting around corners!).

The_Gneech

Explorer
A CR 7 creature with your proficiency bonus added to everything seems way overpowered. The lower level abilities seem fine, but I wouldn't go past Large or CR 2.

Instead, maybe give the ability to cast spells around your eidolon (they're never a target unless you want them to be) and another ability to cast spells through your eidolon (essentially the eidolon casts the spell for you. Good for casting around corners!).

Having finally gotten ahold of a Monster Manual, I agree with you. I didn't realize how severely CR had been skewed downward. I'll definitely take that into account in the next pass.

-TG :cool:

Remove ads