D&D 5E 5E Sunless Citadel - CG

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
The square appears to be a large pit trap, the whole slab is rigged to pivot when stepped on. There is a 2-foot wide catwalk which can be used to safely reach the door, which with no visible hinges, looks like it opens inward.

Obeliske

First Post
"Looks like shabby workmanship to me, so crude it would take an idiot to set this off... maybe we aught to open it and see if it's caught anybody else though?" Tordak grumps.

purplerook

First Post
Ara, High Elf Wizard

Mentally, Ara muses "Auntie was right about Dwarves. Listen to the ideas and ignore the grumbling." Out loud he replies "Excellent suggestion Toldark. I suggest we tie a rope to whoever will be lifting the trap. As well, someone should watch the door, in case whoever is inside tries to come out while we are checking the trap. However, let me try one thing before someone risks triggering the trap."

Looking at the trap again, Ara speak a few cryptic words and waves his hand. A spectral hand appears over the trapped section. The spectral hand attempts to press and lift the trapped section.

OOC: Ara casts Mage Hand and then attempts to use the Mage Hand to raise or lower the trap. The Mage Hand can lift max 10 pounds.

[SBLOCK=Ara]Ara, Level 1 - Male High Elf Wizard -
HP: 7/7, AC: 16 (Mage Armor)
Initiative: +3, Speed: 30ft, Senses: Passive Perception 12, Darkvsion <60ft Dark is dim, Dim is light
Saving Throws Str -1, Con +1, Dex + 3, *Int +5, *Wis +2, Chr 0
Abilities:
By Popular Demand
Fey Ancestry - adv vs. charmed, immune sleep

Offense:
Longbow: +5 1d8+3
Short Sword: +5 1d6+3

Spells
C - Green Flaming Blade, Mage Hand, Minor Illusion,Prestidigitation
1st (1/2) - Mage Armor, Silent Image, Shield,Sleep
[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Who, Owl Familiar]Familiar Who, Owl
Perception +3, Stealth +3, Passive Per 13, Darkvision <120ft Dark is dim, Dim is light
AC 11, HP 1
Flyby: provokes no opportunity attack when it flies out of enemy reach
Keen Hearing and Sight: Advantage on Perception checks that rely on hearing or sight
[/SBlock]

Obeliske

First Post
Tordak squints at Ara and grins, "Either you got a lisp or yah ain't to bright are yah? What the hell's a toldark? If'n yer talkin teh me it's Tordak ye crazy elf."

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
You push on the trapped section and it flips open. A 15 foot deep pit is revealed, containing some skeletons. a recently dead goblin and a giant rat, gnawing on the fresh corpse. The rat screeches when you see it.

purplerook

First Post
Ara, High Elf Wizard

Looking down into the pit, Ara wonders aloud "Can we tell that none of the skeletons are from the Hucrele expedition or someone going to need to go down into the pit and check as well as dealing with the rat. In fact how about we have a conversation with the rat now." Ara say as he draws back his bow and shoots an arrow into the Giant Rat.

OOC: If that does not hit rat, we have a serious problem.
Ara shooting at giant rat attack and damage: 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21
1D8+3 = [1]+3 = 4
OOC:
[SBLOCK=Ara]Ara, Level 1 - Male High Elf Wizard -
HP: 7/7, AC: 16 (Mage Armor)
Initiative: +3, Speed: 30ft, Senses: Passive Perception 12, Darkvsion <60ft Dark is dim, Dim is light
Saving Throws Str -1, Con +1, Dex + 3, *Int +5, *Wis +2, Chr 0
Abilities:
By Popular Demand
Fey Ancestry - adv vs. charmed, immune sleep

Offense:
Longbow: +5 1d8+3
Short Sword: +5 1d6+3

Spells
C - Green Flaming Blade, Mage Hand, Minor Illusion,Prestidigitation
1st (1/2) - Mage Armor, Silent Image, Shield,Sleep
[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Who, Owl Familiar]Familiar Who, Owl
Perception +3, Stealth +3, Passive Per 13, Darkvision <120ft Dark is dim, Dim is light
AC 11, HP 1
Flyby: provokes no opportunity attack when it flies out of enemy reach
Keen Hearing and Sight: Advantage on Perception checks that rely on hearing or sight
[/SBlock]

TallIan

Explorer
Edgar, Paladin 1

Edgar smiles at the grumpy dwarfs complaint about Ara's accent, then looks into the pit. "Well, that's one less goblin." He looks at the door then asks "So the door itself is safe?" then heads along the safe catwalk to try the door.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 12
AC: 16
Initiative: +0
HP: 12/12 (HD: 1/1d10)

Offense:
Halberd +5 10ft 1d10+3S
Halberd (Bonus action): +5 5ft 1d4+3B
Shortsword: +5 5ft 1d6+3P
Javelin: +5 30/120 1d6+3P

Devine Sense 3/3
Lay on Hands 5/5[/SBLOCK]

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Obeliske

First Post
With a frown "I don't much like this Mr.T name elf an ifn yeh be calling me that we'll be havin some words when all this be done. As fer the rat who cares it's down there an can't hurt us an if any of them bones are from the expedition I'd think they'd ave more meat on em. Nothing teh worry about nor to waste time on I'd think." Grunting he pushes on after Edgar.

purplerook

First Post
Ara, High Elf Wizard

"Peace Tordak, I am sorry that my joke was offensive. I am still learning how to work with Dwarves." Ara apologizes, embarrassed that he has managed to offend the Dwarf with both his initial misstatement and his attempt at humor. Pausing for a moment or two, Ara continues "If you feel there is nothing of value in the pit below, then let us to proceed to open the door." Mentally Ara thinks "I need to learn to just keep my mouth shut and just watch these two. They have far more experience than me."

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads