D&D 5E 5e Updates: Monstrous Compendium

IloveD&D

Villager
I've also another question, will you make stats for great old ones like Cthulhu, yog sothoth or Tawil at Umr , they have stats in pathfinder but I think that with the elite monsters system they would be awesome in d&d.

dave2008

Legend
I've also another question, will you make stats for great old ones like Cthulhu, yog sothoth or Tawil at Umr , they have stats in pathfinder but I think that with the elite monsters system they would be awesome in d&d.
Yes, I already made stats for them in my old thread: 5e Epic Updates; however, those are very old now and will eventually be updated in ACENSION to the new format (and be much tougher too).

Stalker0

Legend
Azalin Rex
Elite Medium undead, neutral evil

Spellcasting. Azalin is an 18th-level spellcaster. His spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 20, +12 to hit with spell attacks). Azalin has the following wizard spells prepared:

Cantrips (at will): mage hand, prestidigitation, ray of frost**
1st level (4 slots): detect magic, magic missile, shield,** thunderwave
2nd level (3 slots): detect thoughts, invisibility, melf's acid arrow, mirror image*
3rd level (3 slots): animate dead, counterspell, dispel magic, fireball, fly
4th level (3 slots): blight, dimension door
5th level (3 slots): cloudkill, scrying
6th level (1 slot): disintegrate,** globe of invulnerability
7th level (1 slot): finger of death, plane shift
8th level (1 slot): dominate monster, power word stun
9th level (1 slot): power word kill

Evocation spells are in bold text, Azalin gains a +5 damage bonus with these spells.
*Azalin casts these spells on himself before combat and his CR assumes they are in effect.
**See Actions, Azalin's CR assumes he attacks with these spells, cast at the highest possible level when noted.
So I'm not quite sure what is going on here. Are you saying for example that you expect Azalin to cast a 9th level version of globe of invul? and then thunderwave at 8th level?

dave2008

Legend
The Alpha Lions reaction, how long are you paralyzed for?
Until you die!

I added that because awhile back a learned that because of their manes, male lions try to bite their rivals back. Potentially breaking the spine and paralyzing the opposing lion. That is what I was going for. So, the intent is that only magic the removes the paralyzed condition ends it.

Remove ads