Welcome to another installment of my D&D 5th Edition fan creation roundups, where I scour the web so you don't have to. This time around, I've found aquatic and oriental campaign options, a new Injury condition, thoughts on a setting based on the Americas, and a look at a couple of monsters- the Choker and the Nothic.
- Creature Spotlight takes a look at the Nothic for D&D 3.5 and 5th Edition.
- The Infernal Captain's Pact was featured in Dragon Magazine in 2008. Dan & Sally update it for D&D 5th Edition!
- Trentin Bergeron has created a new condition called "Injury". "Injury measures how beat up your character is. It represents the punishment the body takes in the course of combat and adventuring. These optional rules add a new special condition called Injury. Injury incurs reductions to hit point maximums and movement penalties. It imposes disadvantage and even eliminates the possibility of advantage."
- Charles Akins discusses the issues with tides, sun, and moon. How much detail do you need?
- Charles is also thinking about an American setting for D&D, instead of the common Euro-centric settings.
- Tribality has some monster and hero race options for a D&D 5E aquatic campaign. Plus a similar article on Oriental Adventure themed campaigns.
- Here's a 5E conversion of the Choker.
- Eldecrynn LeRoy is continuing his illustrations of the D&D Basic Monsters. Here's his Blink Dog!