D&D 5E A Bit More on Subclasses from the Escapist

SigmaOne

First Post
  • The Arcane Trickster gains limited spellcasting abilities, up to 4th level wizard spells, and the ability to steal from others using their Mage Hand cantrip. Can eventually steal spells from the minds of other casters.

That's cool. Has that existed in previous editions?

While I pretty well expected that Abjurers get innate protections, and Diviners would get bonuses to die rolls. I'm sort of surprised that part of the Transmuter uses alchemy, shapeshifting was always sort of a given with them.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
And necromancers are now reminiscent of (what I remember of) the 4e dark pact warlock. Killing things and taking their souls to empower more killing of things.

Thaumaturge.

bganon

Explorer
Rangers got "Hunter's Mark" as a lvl 1 spell in the playtest. This was a very useful but barely even mystical "spell". If you want a "spell-less" ranger you could do a lot worse than just spamming Hunter's Mark with all of your slots (just like a "spell-less" paladin can just burn slots for smites).

Klaus

First Post
Rangers got "Hunter's Mark" as a lvl 1 spell in the playtest. This was a very useful but barely even mystical "spell". If you want a "spell-less" ranger you could do a lot worse than just spamming Hunter's Mark with all of your slots (just like a "spell-less" paladin can just burn slots for smites).

Quoted For Truth.

Between stuff like Hunter's Mark and Longstrider (among others), there's enough "quasi-mundane" abilities to mimic a "spell-less ranger".

Syunsuke

Roll 21.
Every time I see this thread title, I misread it as "A Bit More on Succubuses …" ;)
Of course, more succubuses are always welcome. :p

(I thought pl. of succubus is succubi. But Microsoft Word correct this as succubae. And succubuses is OK according to some dictionary. Any linguist?)

Remathilis

Legend
Every time I see this thread title, I misread it as "A Bit More on Succubuses …" ;)
Of course, more succubuses are always welcome. :p

(I thought pl. of succubus is succubi. But Microsoft Word correct this as succubae. And succubuses is OK according to some dictionary. Any linguist?)
When it comes to succubi, I'm a cunning linguist. ;)

Remove ads