D&D 5E A Board Game style Release Schedule

Fildrigar

Explorer
Personally I think they'll give us a FRCS book first then do another setting in 2016, but they're definitely not shackled to the Realms for the lifespan of the edition - the copious references to non-Realms settings in the core books, Mearls' repeated admonitions that "5E's default setting is the multiverse" and Tweets like this one have me convinced we'll be seeing other settings eventually.

I suspect we'll see an answer in a couple of weeks, when PotA comes out. Not that it'll shut the haters up or anything.

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
Having Elemental Evil set in Faerun is bad enough... setting Castle Greyhawk there would cause The Invoked Nerd Rage Devastation.

I would not say that you were wrong and on the other hand I remember that the Castle Greyhawk supplement was kind of a parody adventure complete with Gummy Bears.

TrainedMunkey

First Post
Have a copy of Castle Greyhawk sitting at home. Still reread the Gord books when I am looking for a little nostalgia.

I am not looking for any rules expansions. Give me some settings, something with imagination to spark mine.

While TSR killed it's self with the bloat. I ran 2nd Ed Realms, Spelljammer, Ravenloft, Dragonlance, a little Greyhawk. Whenever we wanted a change we go to a new setting, not a new system. The settings drove the novels, which were the real cash cows.

Give me creativeness and imagination, not rules. Unfortunately Mearls past works don't point this direction. No insult intended, just looking at a body of work.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Have a copy of Castle Greyhawk sitting at home. Still reread the Gord books when I am looking for a little nostalgia.

I am not looking for any rules expansions. Give me some settings, something with imagination to spark mine.

While TSR killed it's self with the bloat. I ran 2nd Ed Realms, Spelljammer, Ravenloft, Dragonlance, a little Greyhawk. Whenever we wanted a change we go to a new setting, not a new system. The settings drove the novels, which were the real cash cows.

Give me creativeness and imagination, not rules. Unfortunately Mearls past works don't point this direction. No insult intended, just looking at a body of work.

There is a point to this. The story telling part of D&D always had a lot of attractiveness. The all reason we started buying 3e books in the first place was to keep up with the FR story. Paizo is telling a great story with Golarion and its APs. Since 4e, I feel story telling isn't a big priority like it use to be.

Last edited:

Remove ads